“Good & simple food, and outstanding service!”
Review of Kop van Jut

Kop van Jut
Reserve with
Kop van Jut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #673 of 3,806 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$11 - US$19
Cuisines: Dutch, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Description: Home of great taste,this is were the locals eat.
Veenendaal
“Good & simple food, and outstanding service!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

A friendly staff, a nice spot in the centre of Amsterdam and a dinner that tasted great. Feels like home, and I really want to come back once.

seattleguy57
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistent favorite now for 5+ years”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Travel frequently through Amsterdam from the US to various points in Europe and Africa. I always stop in Amsterdam for a night and always have dinner at Kop van Jut. Insist on sitting downstairs and watch the kitchen work their magic. The food is always good, the atmosphere is authentic Dutch and it just feels like home every time I go (my parents are both Dutch but now live in the US). Their specials are always good so be sure to ask or look on the chalkboard. I have referred many to this hidden jewel and all have said it was a favorite part of their trip to Amsterdam

• Visited May 2014
Skovlunde, Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great service, average food”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went to Kop de Jut based on the rewiews on Tripadvisor. There was plenty of room a Sunday out off season, and the service was very helpful ( and talkative ), but the food was disappointing.

Colchester, England, United Kingdom
“Simply fabulous.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This sweet little restaurant was easy to book, easy to find, and absolutely glorious. The food was exceptional, probably the best steak (in mushroom and onion sauce) I have ever had! The wine was good, the staff were friendly. I wish we'd gone earlier in our stay so we could have gone twice! Highly recommend it.

Visited February 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“OUTSTANDING - if your not going you'r missing out”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ooooo my god, what a great little place. We used Tripadvisor offline city guide and found this OUTSTANDIND restaurant. We had the special which we're spareribs, with salad and French fries for 15 euro. And what a bargin. Wooooow what a greeeeat spareribs, the best I have ever had. I'm travelling 70 days a year and eating out a lot, and trust me this is Great.
I wonder why people are not waiting in line all day for this dish. It should not be the special, it MUST be on the menu 7 days a week and 365 days a year. The people demands this.
The skilled chef was Dan (the man) and I will highly recommend this spareribs.
They have their own beer, but a little to bitter to my taste.
If your not going you are missing out. The restaurant next door served pizza, and I felt sorry for those guests.
Thanks and hope to re-visit soon.