“Wonderful prix fixe meal” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Restaurant
Ranked #542 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Siasconset, Massachusetts
“Wonderful prix fixe meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I had dinner here and it was one of the highlights of our trip to Amsterdam. We had a table with a view of the kitchen, so my husband was happy watching their quiet, extremely organized preparations. Very good service. Imaginative food using local products. We will return the next time we're in Amsterdam.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Hyannismedical

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Best of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

In my opinion really no other restaurant in Amsterdam beats this small, cosy one in The Pijp. The food is amazing, it is culinary but not to the point that it is more of a science project than something you enjoy eating. It is just perfect. The guy that does the wine section is really enthusiastic; he sorts out wines to accompany your dinner if you want, or you can just choose from the wine list that is sufficient enough. The maitre d' and the waiter are friendly fun guys who know the balance between perfect service and some fun. The chef comes into the restaurant with freshly baked madeleines after dinner - even if you are full (you will most likely be) DO NOT PASS THEM! They are even better than the ones you get at Laduree in Paris. There is only one thing: it is quite hard to get a table here, in weekends you really have to book a good few weeks(say 7 or 8) in advance. Weekdays are said to be easier, but just to be on the sure side I'd make a reservation instead of just walking in hoping to get lucky.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Lois744
USA
“Very good degustation menu in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Very friendly service. Good suite of small to medium plates. Mostly sea products. Good wine. Good dessert.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank riouxp
Marbella, Spain
“Michelin is missing out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

As a seasoned traveler and sybarite, which my age supports, I was astounded that LE Restaurant, Amsterdam, did not have Michelin Stars. It is comparable to Saüc in Barcelona or Agli Tre Amici in Udine, Italy. Superb ensemble of selections very assembled by a professional and affectionate team. The wine list was adequate, but needs to be expanded a bit more exclusive to meet the menu's nuances. Do not even think of showing up without a reservation!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JoseAntonio1945
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“everything was perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I ve made a reservation a few weeks earlier for I knew it is not possible to get a table in this restaurant any other way. My husband and I were celebrating our 20iest year together so for starters I think we had the best table. A large 2 persons table overlooking the restaurant and with a nice view of the small (very quiet!)kitchen. Delicious amuses to start, good suggestions for wine and all courses came in a really good pace so not to quick not to slow. Because there was a lot to taste I cannot remember everything but I can recall: a beautifully made petit gamba tosti, macaron of mackerel, lovely soft cod, the most delicious beef I ve eaten, a little cheese after and for me a bit too much sweets ; ) at the end...(dessert plus extra freshly baked madeleine cakes, and more sweets served alongside the coffee. But heh, I don t have a sweettooth. Very lovely place for intimate dining. Not for familys with young children or large groups.

• Visited May 2013