“The real Dutch experience :)”
Review of Bistro Bij Ons

Bistro Bij Ons
Reserve with
Bistro Bij Ons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,433 of 4,143 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: Lekker gezellig Hollands dineren en lunchen in huiselijke Amsterdamse sfeer! Bij ons kun je heerlijke stamppotten eten. En natuurlijk staan ook m'n schoonmoeder d'r sudderlappen", en oma's hachee op het menu. Daarnaast zijn onze beroemde sate, onze fantastische boeren biefstuk met gebakken champignons en spekkies, en de overheerlijke Raasdonderschotel om je vingers af te likken. Zie de website voor het complete menu. Terwijl wij lekker zitten te smikkelen en te genieten, druipen de Smartlappers van de muren van Johhny Jordaan en Tante Leen. Ook kunnen we lekker met zn allen meezingen met Andre Hazes en Manke Nelis.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were recommended by our B&B as we wanted to try some real Dutch food. We walked in on a Sunday evening and we're able to get a table. We had the granny's stew and the traditional plate. Both were so flavourful and delicious! We are now big fans of Dutch food! The food isn't fancy but it is full of flavour! Carla the owner adds some great pizazz!

1  Thank JustineBona

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I went on my own for dinner. The food was very average, and seemed pricey for what it was. I visit Amsterdam a lot and as I was at The Pulitzer along the road it seemed a good choice. The main issue I had was that I was glad I was one person at a table because I saw 4 groups of people be asked to move by the wait staff. Some even had food just arrive. It was just so bizarre and I would have walked out if it was me. It was asked in such a brusque way too, maybe its the Dutch way. I've read other reviews and now see that this is a common issue. The atmosphere would have been good if it wasn't for the moving around as those people all looked like they had stopped enjoying themselves.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We wandered in on the spur of the moment. It looks like nothing from the street, but we were hungry and it was in front of us. Once inside, it's quite cozy and pleasant. The food was excellent. The mash pot with sausage was the best we had in Amsterdam. The chicken sate, chicken curry salad and chicken Milanese were also delicious. The staff was incredibly friendly and we ended up having a really lovely lunch.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

As others have said, this place is definitely Dutch. Proper home style authentic Dutch cooking... just like my mum used to make. Just don't expect the bells and whistles.. you're in for a long slow haul...and then some. But by the end of the night you'll enjoy the apple pie and the sorbet.. they're great... when they make their merry way to your table eventually. Enjoy the "gezelligheid" in the meantime. One gripe. Not a big fan of being table swapped though when a bigger group comes in off the cuff. It happened to a few couples, including us, and it just lacks class and moreover, its really annoying!. Overall, given the price, its great value, so just sit back and enjoy being a little Dutch for the night. Its truly authentic.

1  Thank Glen T
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Nice place and good food, definitely Dutch.
Something to try for a real Amsterdam experience.
The owner is surely an added value...

1  Thank elisa_demi