“Best falafel in town”

Ranked #1,041 of 4,561 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Okay, this joint looks messy and outdated, just as the lady who is serving the falafel for 27 years already, but the falafel is in my opinion the best in town. The falafel has a pinch of curry, which makes it just a bit more tasty than other ones. White and whole wear pitas. The serving lady is always a bit grumpy. Don’t let you put this off though. It is all part of Amsterdam theater.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Sonny’s falafels, salad bar and fries are all heavenly. We weren’t sure our kids were going to like it but they both devoured their lunch and it was siaeable as Sonny is extremely generous with his serving size. He is so sweet and wanted to give us extras of everything as this is our first experience with the salad bar and all the sauces. Everything was delicious and tasted extremely fresh. I especially loved the spicy carrots and Cole slaw. And the fries were heavenly!!! Thank you Sonny for your warm hospitality and delicious food!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We weren't used to the setup here where you select your own salad ingredients in a separate container to the falafel and then sort of build it yourself - bit odd - but the flavour was great.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

My feet were killing from all the walking. just happened to see this from across the road. and went over to enlighten me to its offerings .
never had a falafel in my life . this was a first. hes a happy enough chap. gave us a run down on the choices .
this went down fine . really enjoyed my meal . not sure i know any were in my city anyone whom does this .which is a shame .

Reviewed 13 March 2018

As vegetarian I tried falafel all over the world. Sonny's falafel is the best. Delicious fried chickpea, vegetables and herb balls, perfect crusted warm pita bread and all the ingredients Sonny suggested after he asked me about my preferences. Absolutely divine treat I have ever tried. Just walk down the de Pijp district and you'll meet the best falafel you will ever eat. Really, don't miss it!