“Good spot for a nice meal”
Review of Pancakes Amsterdam

Pancakes Amsterdam
Ranked #11 of 101 Dessert in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Dutch, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: We welcome you at Pancakes Amsterdam! Pancakes Amsterdam is established in 2007. Almost ten years later we have three location. The first one is situated in the famous Nine Streets. This is were Pancakes Amsterdam has started! The second location is near Amsterdam central station and the third one is our newest location and is situated next to Anna Frank House and Westerkerk. Come and visit one of our location and enjoy the tastiest Dutch pancakes and American pancakes! We hope to see you soon!
London, United Kingdom
“Good spot for a nice meal”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Cheap, good and fast service. What else do you need?

Located on a busy street, easy to find, don't miss if you like pancakes!

Highly recommended!

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
“Good but nothing to shout about”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Walked in to this place not knowing it was the place I had seen on TripAdviser...it was tiny and quite unorganised but we got a table which was lucky as I saw them turning people away after us.

The menu wasn't too comprehensive and they didn't do the basics or what I would call the usual from my experience, I wanted banana and chocolate but it wasn't on the menu so instead I went for chocolate and vanilla ice cream and although it was lovely, it was no different to any other pancake house I've eaten at or can make at home.

I'd go again when visiting the area on holiday etc as I know where it is and what to expect but I wouldn't hunt it down as a tourist spot.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“'Average' for Amsterdam. Cheaper place up the street.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

From the quick review of pancake houses in Amsterdam that I did before visiting, it seems that Pancakes! is one of the main places to go. I also found out about The Pancake Bakery and both these establishments are on the same street with a bit of a walk in between. However, when I visited on 11am last Friday both had queues out the door so I went looking somewhere else in the same area and found Roem, which turns out was cheaper and better than Pancakes!

My brother and I managed to get a seat in Pancakes! the next day (Saturday) around 3pm - no queues this time. The place is very small and you are literally shoulder to shoulder with other diners. It's quite bland inside and you are seated away from the windows so this place is a lot less interesting than the plethora of canal-side cafes and you lose sense of being in beautiful Amsterdam.

Service was slow and despite the fact that pancakes are incredibly quick to cook, we had to wait about 20 minutes for them to arrive.

The pancake was good but not as good as the one I had at Roem. I had banana, chocolate & whipped cream. The whipped cream was out of a can and not cold so it just disintegrated into the pancake and was a pointless addition (it cost me an extra Euro to have this cream). I should have had ice cream instead!

The pancake itself was, in my opinion, a bit overdone one the outside and a bit underdone and doughy on the inside. Fortunately I like heavy, gooey textures so it was OK for me but I can imagine how others would deem this to be undercooked on the inside. The chocolate was proper, melted dark chocolate and very nice, not some cheap sauce out of a plastic bottle thankfully. Overall a pretty good pancake dessert.

As we had witnessed how long it took some fellow diners to get their bill, as soon as we had finished we went straight to the till so that we wouldn't have to hand around.

They give you a nice little souvenir with your bill - a little clog on a keyring. It's a good little thing to bring back with you but I'm not sure if it makes it worth spending the extra money to go here!

All in all it was a good pancake but I preferred the one from Roem, which is a little cafe near-by. Their pancakes were also cheaper they and they didn't have a queue.

• Visited June 2014
“Best pancakes in Amsterdam”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The 25 minute wait for a table was definitely worth it. They had all kinds of pancakes and they taste delicious! I would definitely recommend this place for the best pancakes in town. Maybe it would be an idea if the restaurant got a bigger place to fit more people, but if not i will still be visiting this restaurant again!

• Visited May 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Gluten free pancakes made my day!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

A short wait outside looking at the menu in the sunshine! We were shown to a table at the back of the restaurant. Menu was great - so much variety! As a gluten free person I was super excited that any of the Dutch pancakes could be done gluten free! I had mushroom, bacon and cheese. Pancakes are huge- size of the plate, but really well done! We spent about 10euros each including a drink... And I loved it! :)