“The best pancakes in Amsterdam! Not be missed”
Review of Pancakes Amsterdam

Pancakes Amsterdam
Ranked #16 of 107 Dessert in Amsterdam
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: We welcome you at PANCAKES Amsterdam! PANCAKES Amsterdam puts a new spin on traditional pancake houses. We stand out of the crowd with our original recipes. PANCAKES Amsterdam serves high quality pancakes prepared with fresh and nutritous, locally sourced products and ingredients. PANCAKES Amsterdam is established in 2007. Almost ten years later we have three location. The first one is situated in the famous Nine Streets. This is were Pancakes Amsterdam has started! The second location is near Amsterdam central station and the third one is our newest location and is situated next to Anna Frank House and Westerkerk. Come and visit one of our location and enjoy the tastiest Dutch pancakes and American pancakes! We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Having tried a few pancake places on our trip, Pancakes! stood out as the best of the lot.

We had the dutch pancake with bacon and their special of the day which was a dutch pancake with tomato, pesto and mozzarella. Despite their special pancake being good, the bacon pancake was by far the better of the 2, with the saltiness of the bacon complementing the pancake. Would definitely recommend it for great food, the laidback atmosphere, and the reasonable prices at €10 per person.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,303)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place is amazing, lovely vibe and the pancakes are to die for. Good value and so tasty. Something for everyone, would recommend!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Having read good reviews on TripAdvisor, and also being in Lonely Planet, we (my partner & I) headed to Pancakes! for lunch. The place is quite small, and being quite busy, we had to wait for a table (which was fine), and got seated at a table for 4/5 people. Just as we had sat down, we were told by one of the waiting staff that there had been an error in the queuing and would it be okay if another party joined the table (again, this was fine, plenty of space). An American couple joined us, and both of us ordered our pancakes at the same time. Our drinks arrived...and then nothing!

After watching folk who had sat down after us get food before us, I figured something was wrong and tried to get a waitress' attention. You would think they would notice that we had been waiting for ages with no food...Eventually, she came over and when we complained about the length of time we had been waiting (30-40 mins) she went and had a look. Apparently our orders hadn't been processed right due to a new computer system....I honestly think they just forgot, and wish they had just been honest about it. However, they re-ordered our pancakes, apologised and gave us our drinks for free. 15 minutes later, the American couples pancakes arrived, and after complaining again, our pancakes finally showed up over an hour since we ordered them.

Having paid 10 euro for a deluxe chocolate pancake, I was expecting something amazing. It was undercooked and lacking in the oodles of chocolate I was expecting. Having waited an hour, I was extremely disappointed and just wanted to leave. When we asked for the bill, it took an age to arrive. Yes, they had taken off our drinks, which at 4 euro was not much, but still charged us full price for both pancakes - 10 euro each.

We tried to explain to the waiting staff that we weren't very happy paying full price for the pancakes but were yelled at by the woman who seemed to be in charge - who kept repeating they had apologised and our drink was free (as if that solved the whole issue). We just paid and left...we didn't go on holiday to get shouted at for expressing our opinion.

Having worked in hospitality, maybe I just expect a decent level of service, and I am sure loads of people have been and loved it, but I would not return and certainly would not recommend it.

2  Thank 2Loula
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had this place on my hit list. I ordered Pancakes (Dutch style) It’s a thin pancake with you choice of meats veggies and fruits inside. I ordered bacon and cheese. It was delicious! I will be going back

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This small treasure was just blocks away from our Hotel Purllitzer, Despite being a sort of breakfast spot, it did not open until 10. Better be there 15 min. beforehand or you will be waiting as it is quite small and service is not particularly speedy. Once inside, there is a menu of both sweet and savory pancakes -- including American ones though you should NEVER not have the dutch pancakes. These are almost like crepes, very thin pancakes with filling inside them. Having loved German pancakes in the past, we ordered lemon and sugar pancakes with a side of bacon. My daughter immediately pronounced this as her favorite breakfast food of all time and I agreed it was in the running. We returned the next morning to see familiar faces of others who felt the same.