Vondelpark Museum B&B
Hotel Cornelisz(Amsterdam)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Aalders(Amsterdam)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

What can I say I have stayed and Bed and Breakfest locations all over Europe and this by far was the most enjoyable experience. Location excellent you could not ask to be in a better spot . Room nice and big with more that enough space for a couple. Breakfest every morning , the only critique about Breakfest is maybe adding a little more variety instead of the selection every day . Bathroom and shower was nice and hot. Ronald was super nice and accommodating and really made us feel at home. The value you pay was excellent not sure we could of done much better than that. First rate place with a classy owner , needless to say we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Ucladb09
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This hotel will steal your money! DO NOT STAY HERE!
I have encountered a number of problems trying to book with this Bed & Breakfast, they are possibly the rudest people I have ever tried to communicate with. Upon securing a bed and leaving a deposit, they advised me that there was 'no room' at the hotel. I checked various websites and booking companies and found that the Vondelpark Bed & Breakfast had full availability for the dates I had booked - however at a higher price than I had secured. I questioned this and filed a formal complaint through the booking agency and the hotel informed me that they were not willing to let us stay and that they would return the money we had already paid. THEY HAVE STILL NOT RETURNED THIS MONEY! They are refusing to reply to emails and correspondence and are proving incredibly difficult which has ruined our planned trip to Amsterdam. DO NOT STAY HERE THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank alice_lucy_north
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed 3 nights on advice and we where very grateful. the room was large and came complete with a coffee machine. Breakfast was excellent and Ronald couldn't do enough to make our stay even better.

We where close to trams and we could walk into the city without to many hassles. great place to stay and yes you could get a name hotel in the centre but you would miss out.

Room Tip: Pay extra attention to how to get there, we didn't and had a long walk but worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We spent 2 nights at the B&B. The room (more of a studio apartment really) was very large with a living area with 2 fireplaces, a very comfortable bed, kitchen and bath and was located on the second floor. The stairs are a bit of work but that's to be expected. Although the furnishings were pretty dated the room was clean. The kitchen was very functional and included all the amenities necessary to prepare meals. The refrigerator was stocked with bread, cheese, yogurt, and eggs so breakfast was covered. They also provided tea, coffee, and an assortment of jams and jelly. The bath was just fine with a spacious shower so no problems here either. I wish I could have stayed here a few more days. And should we ever return to Amsterdam we would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DannyLNorCal
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We have just returned from a 3 night stay and the location could not be better.
The family are just the friendliest people and we enjoyed our stay immensely - if i could return tomorrow i would

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple