“A Good Meal”

Steakhouse Piet de Leeuw
Reserve with
Steakhouse Piet de Leeuw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #479 of 4,188 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Some call it cosy, I felt a little crowded! Always having to move my chair for the staff to move around and provide the service. However, the starters of fish on toast were excellent and the steak was good. So if you want a good meal and are happy to share your space with the staff - then this is where you will get a good steak!!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stopped by for dinner as it was down the street from our hotel. Crowded with mostly young local customers. Brusk waiter. Seatings for two only at common table. Unusual for Holland was the non communication with the other two couples already there.Told gruffly "this is a Heineken's bar" when I asked for a taste of the famous Amsterdam micro brew and H was a take it or forget beer. Since I love the H I get at home, I didn't have a choice but to have it here too. Happily other restaurants offered more choices. My wife ordered the Beef Tenderloin tips and they were overly chewy and the sauce a bit too vinegery. I had the Salmon with a mussel sauce that I enjoyed, but no great shakes. Service had to be called and there was a long long wait for the requested cheque. It was a local restaurant and lots of noise with everyone chattering except our table. Pass it up.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Delicious food and deserts. Cozy restaurant with local customers. Go there for the most enticing displays of beef, French fries. Ice cream was great and big!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went here one evening and had a good time. It was packed with locals, which is always a good sign to me. We ended up sharing a table, which was fun.
The fillet steak was very well cooked and the sides of chips and salad were good too. Not the cheapest place, but good food!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We ate twice here in our 4 night stay. The daily specials were lovely. Very busy with locals and tourists alike. You may need to share a large table with others but that adds to the ambience.