“Excellent location if you don't mind the noise”
Review of Hotel CC

Hotel CC
Ranked #145 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel for a weekend break to celebrate our 1st year wedding anniversary mainly for its location and we weren't dissapointed with that when we first arrived. It's located right along a small bustling street crammed with bars, restaurants, coffee shops etc, only a 5 minute walk to dam square and also only a 5 minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal train station.

The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are very friendly, with a lobby you can purchase snacks from any time day or night. We stayed in a standard room on the 3rd floor, which was quite "compact" but had all the necessaries: nice shower/tea making facilities/TV/hairdryer. Our only gripe was the bed was a bit small for us (I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'10") and the noise levels from the bustling street outside can be quite loud into the early hours. Nothing a pair of ear plugs wouldn't sort out though.

Overall 3/5 for us, although if I were on a lads break I think I'd be rating it higher purely for it location and ease of falling out of bars and coffee shops straight into bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on hotel front are noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,365)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Hi all,

Me and my boyfriend have found reviews very useful before we booked our trip to amsterdam and it worked out well! The hotel is in a great location turn left walk to the central station in 5mins, turn right head towards the RLD. The hotel is safe and very clean you can leave your luggage if you have long till your flight. We didnt come across any negative thing about the hotel. The guys at the reception are very helpful and lovely. Finally do be careful with the stairs :) we had booked a single double room but were upgraded to a bigger room a bigger room is basically two floors downstairs bathroom, sofas, and upstairs just your bed and tv. The stairs are very steep but it is cool just be careful when your sleepy. If your not too keen about the stairs there are rooms without them just email them. Overall good experience and please dont go to the icebar what a waste of money but do the canal cruise :)))

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

A friend and I stayed at Hotel CC this past weekend having booked it via Expedia.

The rooms are basic and small but if, like us, you weren't planning on spending much time in the hotel then they are more than adequate. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a log every night ! My only moan about the rooms themselves is that mine was freezing (my friends room was fine) however there was a stand alone heater in the room so had I been in the room for any length of time I could have plugged it in.

The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful at all times and the addition of the vending machines in the foyer was a nice touch if you fancied a late night snack.

The best thing about this hotel though is the location. We used the train/tram/metro system a lot when arriving and travelling about Amsterdam and it's only a 5 minute walk from the hotel so if you're going out and about and will be arriving from Schiphol then this is perfect for you. You are in the middle of the red light district but are a few streets from the ladies of the night if that's not your thing. There are copious pubs nearby, some with live music and the service in all of them was friendly.

If I return to Amsterdam I'll definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This hotel is about 5 minutes away from Centraal station walking, and right by lots of cafes and Dam Square. Its a perfect location to be in the middle of everything.

The room we stayed in was at the top, and was clean and big enough for me and my boyfriend.

The hotel layout was confusing however, I got lost a few times trying to find the room.

We stayed in December and the room was freezing... not advisable to stay when that cold, but I can imagine it would be fine in the warmer months.

Staff were friendly.

I would recommend this hotel as it is located near everything!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Just returned from a 3 night break. Hotel cc gets a big thumbs up from me, very clean,modern and warm which was much appreciated as it was very cold. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, so much so even offering to get me a plate for some food that I brought back from the kebab house!!. The room was great and the bathroom really nice with a lovely walk in shower. Our room overlooked the canal with large French windows opening out......superb. I will return to this hotel without a doubt. 10/10:))))))))))

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

If you're looking for a decent place to sleep at, it's a great alternative.
We took the 'small room' type, that was really small, but clean, the bed was pretty comfortable, we had hot water in the shower, and the service was great. It seems like they innovate the rooms not so while ago.
From the hotel we could walk anywhere, and the price was one of the lowest in that area and category.

Room Tip: We took the smallest and cheapest and it was fine
1  Thank HadarGershuny