“Average hotel for decent price”
Review of Hotel CC

Hotel CC
Ranked #144 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This property is located right on the edge of the RDL and only five minutes to Centraal Station. Close walk to all City Centrum sites. Staff very polite. Rooms are very basic and very small. No frills and a bit on the grungy side. I decided that I was just too old to do without any luxuries, e.g. decent size and comfortable bed, clean walls and carpet, etc. However, if you are young and healthy and looking for a step above a hostel then this might be the place for you. If I was twenty years younger it would have been fine.

Room Tip: no restaurant or fitness center. room had a terrible smell coming from pipes. that might be the case...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,377)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed at Hotel CC with my boyfriend for 3 nights during December. I was really worried when booking accommodation, because I was scared of booking a grungy bedsit in the red light district (stereotypical I know!) However, everything here was perfect for what we needed. The rooms were clean, quite small, but perfect for 2. The best thing however was the location. We spent most days in the coffee shops near Dam Square which is located right next to the hotel. If we wanted to travel further, we just rented a bike from a nearby store (which is fun in itself!) Definitely worth the money if your staying for a short break and planning to go sight-seeing each day!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

I have nothing bad to say about it. Staff was very friendly and the hotel is located right in the centre. When I will go to Amsterdam again I consider to stay here again.
We had a balcony and the room was very quiet with an excellent view

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This small hotel is located few metres from Amsterdam Centraal station. It is easy to find especially we are first timers to visit Amsterdam. Along the street where the hotel is located, there are so many restaurants to choose from. My husband and I loved the freshly made crepes just few steps away from the hotel. Different attractions are just few minutes walk away from the hotel. The receptionists were very kind anď willing to help.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights with my partner here and I could not have asked for a better place to stay! Perfect location, spotless (and modern) rooms & extremely helpful staff!
We are planning on returning in sept and will definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was our first trip to Amsterdam & we could not fault Hotel CC. We flew Easyjet from Manchester on the 6.25pm flight so arrived at the hotel around 9.30pm - it's literally a 5 minute walk from Central Station.
Our room was a standard double on the ground floor & overlooked the Damrak - the view was beautiful. Yes the room was quite small but it was so cosy & warm & spotlessly clean. The bathroom was large with a super walk in shower & a large bath & all very modern & new.
The location of this hotel is amazing - surrounded by cafés bars & restaurants - we were unlucky with the weather - cold & rainy for much of our stay but we didn't have to walk far for breakfasts in the morning - we'd recommend Teddy's Corner just across the road for a good English breakfast, we also had breakfast in the Cheese Factory one morning, lovely surroundings but a rather strange English Breakfast !!
Walking to Dam Square is only a couple of minutes & we also walked to the Museum quarter - it took about 20 to 30 mins but we stopped for photos & to look at the Floating flower markets on the way - visited the Riyksmuseum (beautiful & so much to see) and the Bols Experience which was well worth a visit & very highly recommended especially if you like cocktails. We caught the tram back to Dam Square because it was pouring with rain & that was so easy - just hop on & pay the driver.
Anne Franks house is a must and again we walked - about 10 mins walk from hotel - very moving.
We enjoyed the one hour canal cruise too.
Evenings - there is so much choice - we loved Hill Street Blues for a drink - there are smoking rooms at the back but great for a drink in the bar area at the front & literally 2 doors down from Hotel CC. We wandered through the Red Light District at night & the whole area appears very safe.
All in all a brilliant 3 night break - Hotel CC was just perfect - location just ideal & such a lovely room which was cleaned with fresh towels every day. There is also Wifi throughout the hotel at no extra charge. We hope to return.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a standard double - small but adequate. Would recommend a room at rear of hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wakey05
Reviewed 13 January 2014

This was my eleventh trip to Amsterdam, and I was initially a little reluctant to stay in a cheaper hotel due to my budget, however I'm glad we stayed at Hotel CC.

The room was very clean and cosy with the heating already turned on for our arrival. The bathroom was spotless, as was the bedding and sheets. As of January 2014 everything seemed relatively new.

The location is pretty much perfect. There are plenty of cafes and eateries just seconds walk from the entrance, so the hotel not having a breakfast option was actually a good thing in the end. As well as cafes the Hill Street Blues and Greenhouse Effect coffee shops are also within seconds walk, and are two of the best coffeeshops in 'Dam. There is also a launderette a few doors down, in case your are travelling light. The Red Light District is also just down the road and around the corner if that's your thing. If you are mainly interested in the museums you will have to be prepared to walk or take a tram to the south end of town.

I was also surprised to see a safe in the room. I had a lot of cash to bring home with me and I would have brought it had the safe been in the room description. You might want to phone the hotel to confirm that your booked room has a safe or not before you bring any valuables.

It can periodically get a little rowdy out on the street from say midnight to 2am, so you may want to try some ear plugs if you're a super-sensitive sleeper.

Overall we were more than satisfied with the accommodation, and can't wait to return next year. :)

Room Tip: Units facing the street (same side as entrance) are best for sunlight, church bells, and view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends