First, you have to accept several things :
1. Hotel CC - as similar other hotel in Europe - has small room
2. Hotel CC is located in 'old part' of Amsterdam (where all the place of interests are located) ...
3. ... and the building is also an old multi-storey building with all its charms (with steep stairs, but don't worry they have elevator). Just google 'old houses in Amsterdam', and yes, it's like that. Charming isn't it?
And now my review :
Hotel CC is located in Warmoesstraat, one alley next to the red light district. Very close to the central station (5 minutes walk), also to the dam square also no more than 10 minutes walk. You are indeed in the centre of Amsterdam. You can find practically anything in this street, any kind of restaurants, souvenir shops, supermarket, tour and travel, etc. It's just perfect.
Very small (I travel solo) but enough for me. Try to get the "room with window facing the damrak" instead of facing the warmoesstraat street. It's very quiet and the view is just superb, because the bed is stuck to the window.
Warmoesstraat can be quite noisy especially on weekend, and I don't think this location is suitable for families (I guess hotels in the dam square area are more family friendly, where you can see the palace, the street performer, children chasing pigeons, etc). But again, i get a room in second floor facing the other side of the street and I can't hear anything.
They don't serve breakfast, but they have vending machine where you can buy some snack, sandwich, also coffee.
The people in the reception (several, they shifting every day on my 4 days stayed there) are all very friendly, polite, and ready to give you information.
Will I stay there again in the future on my solo traveling? Definitely.
Wil I stay there again in the future with my family? Naah, I'm not ready to explain the weird (a.k.a weeds) smell in the air on saturday night to my children : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel CC is a city center hotel and situated on the Warmoesstraat--a short 5 minutes walk from the Amsterdam Central Station. Major tourist attractions such as the Dam Square, the Royal Palace, the Anne Frank House, Madame Tussauds, the Flower Market and the well-known Red Light District, shopping streets and a variety of restaurants, cafes and bars are within easy reach from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel CC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.