“Great Hotel (but not for everyone)”
Review of Hotel CC

Hotel CC
Ranked #144 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 April 2014

First, you have to accept several things :
1. Hotel CC - as similar other hotel in Europe - has small room
2. Hotel CC is located in 'old part' of Amsterdam (where all the place of interests are located) ...
3. ... and the building is also an old multi-storey building with all its charms (with steep stairs, but don't worry they have elevator). Just google 'old houses in Amsterdam', and yes, it's like that. Charming isn't it?

And now my review :
LOCATION :
Hotel CC is located in Warmoesstraat, one alley next to the red light district. Very close to the central station (5 minutes walk), also to the dam square also no more than 10 minutes walk. You are indeed in the centre of Amsterdam. You can find practically anything in this street, any kind of restaurants, souvenir shops, supermarket, tour and travel, etc. It's just perfect.

ROOM :
Very small (I travel solo) but enough for me. Try to get the "room with window facing the damrak" instead of facing the warmoesstraat street. It's very quiet and the view is just superb, because the bed is stuck to the window.

ENVIRONMENT :
Warmoesstraat can be quite noisy especially on weekend, and I don't think this location is suitable for families (I guess hotels in the dam square area are more family friendly, where you can see the palace, the street performer, children chasing pigeons, etc). But again, i get a room in second floor facing the other side of the street and I can't hear anything.

SERVICE :
They don't serve breakfast, but they have vending machine where you can buy some snack, sandwich, also coffee.
The people in the reception (several, they shifting every day on my 4 days stayed there) are all very friendly, polite, and ready to give you information.

CONCLUSION :
Will I stay there again in the future on my solo traveling? Definitely.
Wil I stay there again in the future with my family? Naah, I'm not ready to explain the weird (a.k.a weeds) smell in the air on saturday night to my children : )

Room Tip: Second floor room facing the damrak is very quiet and has a great morning view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ftedja7
There are newer reviews for Hotel CC

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Great location for exploring Amsterdam and very reasonably priced. Clean and compact rooms with very helpful staff. The 24 hour shop is also very handy. Hardly any street noise even on the second floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is 5 min by walk to the cereal station and less then 5 to the red light ! Very close to everything so the location is perfect

Staff are very friendly and helpful

The only negative that out room was very far from the elevators and it's like a maze to reach it :)

Anyway will stay there next time bit will ask for a closer room

Hotel a very clean

Rooms are small

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank DanielMaalouf
Reviewed 9 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Hotel CC for 2 nights from the 2nd April. Upon arrival we were happy with the location, very central with everything on your doorstep. Our room was on the third floor so we took the lift up with our luggage. Trying to find our room as we exited the lift was a challenge, it's quite like a maze! Every other time we went out we used the stairs as it's a lot easier to find your room again! The room itself was very small, they definitely get the most out of their space. It was clean and modern. I dont think the bed was the comfiest but that's maybe just down to personal preference. The bathroom had everything you needed, hairdryer, towels, shampoo, shower gel etc. The shower was amazing! Definitely need to get myself one of those. Our room had a great view of the canal, was really lovely to see it as soon as you wake up in the morning. I would definitely stay here again if I got a good deal.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is within walking distance to Central Train Station & Red Light District. Our flight from the US had landed at 815am. Checkin wasn't until 2pm but the hotel was able to hold our luggage for us until we returned to checkin. On our return to the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised when we were given a complimentary upgrade to a larger room. The room itself was modern and very clean. Our room was on the first floor so I was afraid that there would be a lot of street noise from what I heard of other reviews but luckily it was totally opposite. The bed was very comfortable and offered much needed rest from our long day out. Bathroom was very clean also. Definitely would book this hotel again. It was perfect for our one night stopover in Amsterdam.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at Hotel cc for one and a half days during my transit from London to Beijing China. I have been traveling to Amsterdam for the last 15 years and have stayed at various hotels all over central, but this hotel was one of the best hotels i have stayed in Amsterdam to date. close to the centrum area and to the station as well. The shops are round the corner and restaurants are all at a short distance. The staff there are excellent, we had booked a single room accidentally, upon arrival the manager booked us a double room at no extra cost. Room was small but with more than enough space and the bathroom was clean and very modern. I for one do recommend staying here for any visitors who want comfort and the perfect location for shops, central, coffee shops, bars etc you definitely will not be disappointed

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business