“Perfect location, clean, modern and friendly, helpful staff.”
Review of Hotel CC

Hotel CC
Ranked #146 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 June 2014

After visiting Amsterdam many times previously and having mixed experiences with regards to hotels, Hotel CC was a breath of fresh air. It is conveniently located round the corner from the train station, easy to find and looks clean and modern as soon as you walk in. The staff behind the desk were more than helpful, they let us store our bags as we arrived very early in the morning and told us that we may be able to check in early if we pop back after midday. We came back and after a very short wait our room was ready. It was tidy, comfortable and had everything you would expect a hotel to have. Other reviews have mentioned noise from the lift, we were right next to the lift and it didn't cause us any problems whatsoever. Everything about this hotel is great, we will certainly be staying there next time we visit the Dam!

Room Tip: Even the cheapest room they had was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed with Hotel CC 3 times. The first and second time were brilliant. We wanted a comfy bed and be in walking distance to the station and night life so the hotel was perfect! We requested the same room for our three stays as it was perfect to us, on the ground floor and at the back of the hotel. The hotel is quite noisy but as a young couple this didn't really bother us.

The issues I had with the hotel is how late the check in is, 2oclock in the afternoon seemed a bit over the top to me as I know the hotel rooms really aren't that big to clean. The room they keep your suitcases and bags in is a storage cupboard that I have to say have never seen locked after bags have been put in.

On our last stay we arrived and set about our usual routine, left our bags at the hotel and went out to see the sights and get some food. Finally once we got into the room I noticed the smell of rotten eggs, thinking this was odd but not worrying to much of it we started unpacking. I might have been a bit slow on the uptake but it really started dawning on me how small the space for your clothes is, three box shelfs and 4 hangers! It wasn't until I opened the bathroom door I noticed where the smell was coming from. Black mould on the vent was not what I wanted to see. I am not someone who likes to complain so attempted to clean it up myself. Unfortunately the smell didn't leave through our stay but my partner and I decided we would put up with it as we knew we had one of the best rooms.

Unfortunately 3 years ago this hotel was brilliant to us with I friendly staff but after the last stay I'm afraid we have booked with someone else this year. I would say the hotel defiantly caters best to 18-21 year olds who will put up with the flaws for the great location.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica E
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Positives ....
Great location near the heart of the Red light area of the city, very quick and easy to reach from Centraal Station.
Efficient and helpful front desk staff.
Modern clean Decor
Lovely comfy beds with huge cozy pillows.

The Negatives ....
Very very small rooms, particularly the bathrooms, had I been a little larger I may have physically struggled to squeeze onto the toilet as it was lodged behind sink.
Street side rooms are Very noisy as there is no double glazing (to be fair it would spoil the character) we were in room 205.
Some markings on carpet and wall that should have been cleaned away.
Tea bags/milk weren't replaced and cups weren't replaced either.

Despite the negatives however, the hotel overall was ideal for a couple of nights if you want to be in the heart of things. Going on past experience whilst it isn't a cheap hotel (where is in Amsterdam??) I felt that it was a good solid choice compared to other hotels in same bracket.
I would definitely re-use this hotel if I come back again, though I would probably ask for a canal side room instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

2nd time we've been here and perfect both times. Customer service is best I've experienced in Amsterdam. Beautiful rooms, bang on the best strip for coffee shops, bars, restaurants, canals. Will stay here again and again. My girlfriend left her hair straighteners here on our first stay 4 years ago and the hotel kept them in lost property the whole time. Amazing! Book it now.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel CC - strange name, strange Hotel. Situated on the edge of the Red Light District, halfway between Central Station and Dam Square, this hotel doesn't look much from the street; but inside it appears much more spacious and impressive. The Hotel is made of three building joined together into one hotel, with a small but very effective Reception straight inside the front door. The guys on the desk were very friendly, welcoming and efficient when we first arrived and we were in our room within minutes.

That's where we found the only problems with the hotel - the rooms are very small. Just enough room to shuffle round the edge of the double bed on three sides and very little storage or hanger space for clothes - but we were only staying for four days, so we just about managed.

The price for the hotel seems right for the standard, the cleanliness and the facilities - but you might want to pay a little extra and get one of their slightly larger rooms. Our room was at the middle / back of the hotel, so no noise from the bustling street outside. Overall a great stay, since we didn't spend many daylight hours in our room and the hotels proximity to pubs, cafes & restaurants made up for anything else.

Room Tip: Back rooms are quieter - try to get a slightly larger room if you're here for more than a few da...
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed in Hotel CC for 3 nights ! It was value for that price ! The location is very good ! Staff ok but for that hotel you dont need excelent coustomer service anyway ! Rooms are really small actually never even so this tiny room but I would go back cause of the location and the price !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The room we had was quite small, but it was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is located in the heart of Amsterdam, 2 blocks from the red district and on a street with lots of restaurants. We asked for a quiet room and we didn't hear the buzz of the street at all.