“Tasty Tofu Curry but not service with a smile.”
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
Ranked #1,438 of 4,182 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had a tofu curry and fried rice. Whilst the tofu curry was tasty the fried rice was chewy and very rubbery, it appeared to have been reheated in the microwave a few times and portion size was very small considering it was was sold as an extra to the curry.
There was no check back after food was served, its up to you to make a move for service. The staff seemed not that interested in the customers and looked very tired.

1  Thank Tayo I

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I'm very hard to please when it comes down to food, but we walked out of this restaurant, smiling with pleasure. It was one of those meals that stayed with you a while, Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that sort of meal. I celebrated my 50th Birthday at the Mai Thai and probably had one of the best meals in my life, so you could say I had a double celebration.

2  Thank drofnats1962
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We had to get something to eat in a rush and though we would check a nearby Thai restaurant that online map found for us. Well, the non-Thai waiter was a telltale sign that we should have noticed. The food was edible, but only vaguely resembled Thai food. Not spicy, the taste wasn't Thai.. Ah well, it filled our stomachs which was needed at the time.

1  Thank hphuhtin
Reviewed 17 July 2011

thai restaurant not what my thai girlfriend told me and she was with me ,being to thailand many times and this place was a let down

2  Thank Wkd S
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Horrible restaurant!!!! I brought two friends here for dinner. We had tickets to Boom Chicago, and assumed that 2 hours should be more than enough time to eat. We sat. We waited. We should have left. After 20 or so minutes, the waitress finally came over and took our orders. We waited again. We waited for an hour. Stupid me for not just walking out. I walked over to the manager as well as to the desk to find out what the delay was, and they kept telling me that our food was "coming right out". Finally out came the pad thai. Would you believe it was actually burnt on the bottom? Inedible!! All that wait for terrible food. You will get a song and dance from the waitress and the owner, and you will wait and wait and wait, and be very disappointed when your food finally comes. Keep walking if you have the urge to stop here. A complete rip-off.

7  Thank MiouMiou