“Restaurant Bamboo Shoots”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Worst Thai Restaurant.. EVER. Either it's tasteless or it tasted like bamboo shoots ONLY!! Waiters were uber unfriendly, which explains why the restaurant is so empty! Don't even bother going in, not only they serve not authentic food, the quality of food is so horrible you can even cook it yourself!

2  Thank Crystalism

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We visited this restaurant for dinner on our first night of our trip. We were pleasantly surprised by the food, since we really had no expectations - we simply read the outside menu board, saw that the restaurant was busy (a good sign for us) and went in.
The staff was accomodating and pleasant. The food was good - not outstanding, but good. It is a small establishment, but busy - with both eat in customers and locals taking their take out. The service was a bit slow - but that could be because Americans like to be served quickly? It has a small kitchen - so perhaps, too, that is why our food was a bit delayed. In any case we enjoyed our meal and upon a return visit to Amsterdam, I would not hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Not good, not bad. Really average. The price seems ok and the food too, but don't prepare yourself to be surprised.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had a tofu curry and fried rice. Whilst the tofu curry was tasty the fried rice was chewy and very rubbery, it appeared to have been reheated in the microwave a few times and portion size was very small considering it was was sold as an extra to the curry.
There was no check back after food was served, its up to you to make a move for service. The staff seemed not that interested in the customers and looked very tired.

1  Thank Tayo I
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I'm very hard to please when it comes down to food, but we walked out of this restaurant, smiling with pleasure. It was one of those meals that stayed with you a while, Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that sort of meal. I celebrated my 50th Birthday at the Mai Thai and probably had one of the best meals in my life, so you could say I had a double celebration.

2  Thank drofnats1962