“best apple pie ever”

Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Jordaan
Description: Winkel 43 is located on the Noordermarkt. It's in the heart of the Jewish quarter the ‘Jordaan’, which is known for its friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Because of its privileged location you'll be able to enjoy your coffee or lunch on our terrace on sunny days all year round. Winkel opens early in the morning till late at night. In the area our homemade apple pie became a general well known delicacy. Therefore tasting a slice is considered a must.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

no need to say more. This place is known for the pie. Don't let the line scare you, they have service down to a science, with an assembly line of pie delivery.

2  Thank Nadya R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,902)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

While going through TripAdvisor and Yelp, I came across Winkel and their must have apple pie. On my last night in Amsterdam, my friend and I took a walk here after dinner so I could get my dessert.

I ordered a slice of the apple pie for 3.30€. You have the option of also getting whipped cream on it, I declined. The apple pie was the best I've had! The crust was light, crispy and filled with chunks of apples and raisins. The pie had a slight sweetness which was perfect.

WHAT TO KNOW:
*Open late. Go to dinner, walk it off and end up here.
*Indoor and outdoor seating
*Additional appitizer type snacks available to order

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went here just based on the Apple pie reviews and we were not disappointed. After several hours of walking the pavements of Amsterdam it was the perfect afternoon snack with a lovely latte. We went back a second time before we left ..it was just as good as the first visit! The apple pie is nice and thick with large chunks of apple, the crust was light on the top but thicker at the end and this was topped with a large serving of cream. You'll probably need to walk off the calories for the next few hours but it will be worth it :)

1  Thank thumperparis
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed across the canal form Winkel's so it became our local!

The apple pie is superb - big chunks of apple and lovely crust. The Bitterballen are good too - but go for the pie!

2  Thank Foxhill34
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to go to Winkel43 mostly for the apple pie, which is totally delicious. We ordered two for three and it was amazing. If you go for it, go with cream! Also the other food we ended up having was really good and very Dutch-like.

2  Thank CarolYokomizo