Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Sir Albert Hotel(Amsterdam)
1,916 results
All reviewsharbour clubrowing clubcity centreminute walkcanal viewnice hotelairport shuttlebusiness hoteltram stopnice roombusiness tripexecutive roommuseum areaenjoyed my staypublic transportthe ground floorvan gogh museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Was in town for a conference at the RAI and this hotel was exactly a 1 mile walk away - very convenient. Room was nice overall, shower was strange with no door, breakfast buffet was good but expensive, staff was pleasant. Likely would have a bit better if I hadn't been on the first floor facing the parking lot.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guest.

I am sorry to read that the location of the room did not meet up your expectations. I would like to inform you that we different room types available in the hotel and also different views, for example a nice view on the canal. We are more than welcome to meet up your requests by allocating your room, please inform us during your next visit.

I do apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and we hope to may welcome you again in the near future at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam!

General Manager – Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 26 November 2012

The room is very basic and everything looks old, dirty and worn out. Cant believe this is a 4star hotel. Parking is as expensive as expected. Receptionist (young blond man) was extremly arrogant and not helpfull at all. Never again...

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank amsas
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for leaving your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your experience at our hotel is very important us and I can guarantee you that we will use this information to improve our services.

I am sorry to read that the hotel did not meet up your expectations. Our hotel is partly renovated and we are planning on renovating the rest of the rooms in the near future. Please note that all our executive rooms have been renovated already.
I find it a shame that we as hotel could not inform you better about the parking facilities. Parking your car in the city centre outside our parking lot is about €45 per day, the hotel offers parking for €35 per day. Besides the parking of the hotel there are more parking facilities in the near surrounding. Please contact the hotel for your next visit, the concierge service can inform you about the parking possibilities including the tariffs.

I do hope that we may welcome you again at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam!

General Manager – Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 20 November 2012

We had a great stay at the Wyndham Appollo hotel. It was really nice and we had a great view of the canals and the boats as they went up and down. The staff was really courteous and helpful when leaving our luggage upon check out. Maybe the down side was where we were located had no wi-fi receptions, which we wanted to purchase to check flights. The Street car is only 3 blocks away, which will have you down town in about 10 minutes.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the canal, or room 54.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michel P

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. Your experience at our hotel is important to us. Your comments will help us to improve our total service.

Your kind words about the staff and the hotel itself are really appreciated. It is nice to hear that the hotel met up all your expectations and that you had a great stay in Amsterdam.
The point of attention about the internet has been forwarded to our ICT department, thank you for informing us about this issue.

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam and we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 18 November 2012

It was our first trip to Amsterdam and we checked in this hotel for 2 nights. It is a nicely located hotel by the canal where the executive rooms offer the canal view and there is a restaurant which offers a lovely breakfast and a set menu for lunch and dinner. For those who like to relish other varieties there is a cafe with other offerings. As we entered the reception, the reception lady as having prolonged discussion and the other person who looked like concierge was also busy. After much awkward wait, he checked us in. Room service exists but we didn't bother much as amsterdam is a lovely place to venture in the outdoors. We have another brush with the reception staff in the morning. When we needed a adapter to connect ipad charger and I think we repeated our request while going and coming back to the hotel. The reception staff especially the concierge gave a not so obvious but a rather rude response. After that we never went back to the reception and got ourselves served by the people outside in amsterdam on the streets. They were lovely and very helpful and assisted us in our needs. Amsterdam has such warm people and speaks of its culture and I wondered as I returned what was wrong with those two people at the reception / concierge. I must comment the room service and food at Wyndham was lovely with a beautiful view.

Room Tip: Take the refurbished executive rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

The comment about the waiting time and the overall attitude of the Front Office staff I take very seriously and will discuss this with the Front Office team. Every guest should receive the correct service and all informed which is required to have a great stay in Amsterdam.
I enjoyed reading the point where you mention the nice view, the view from the hotel on the canal is every day a nice lively painting.

Reviewed 17 November 2012

This was actually a Headquarters hotel for a conference my company was hosting, so all the staff stayed here. The key is to ask for a renovated room - they are trendy yet very comfortable (the beds are amazingly soft, I loved them!) and if you're also lucky enough to get a room with a canal view, even better.

I first had a NON renovated room however, that was extremely dated, rather run down (paint and furniture chipped, wallpaper marked and peeling) and smelled very musty. I switched immediately.

The staff was courteous and dealt with my room switch very nicely.

Bar and restaurant were average.

All in all an average business hotel.

NOTE though - this is not so close to the RAI. They market is as a conference hotel but it it still a good 15 minutes walk to the convention centre!

Room Tip: Choose a renovated room and ask for a view of the canal!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear madam,

Our hotel is partly renovated and we are planning a second and last renovation in the near future. Please note that all of our executive rooms have been renovated already. Your kind words about the staff and the hotel itself is really appreciated, I personally will inform my colleagues about your nice words.