Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio
US$206
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$397
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$274
The Toren(Amsterdam)
US$365
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$142
US$324
US$226
1,923 results
All reviewsharbour clubrowing clubcity centreminute walkcanal viewnice hotelairport shuttlebusiness hoteltram stopnice roombusiness tripexecutive roommuseum areaenjoyed my staypublic transportthe ground floorvan gogh museum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I noticed a review praising the waiters. I noticed an old guy being really rude, in front of the breakfast guests, in Dutch and in English to a colleague, who obviously was an immigrant. Not cool. Otherwise a comfortable place, with small gestures like a bottle of prosecco in the room at the end of a long working day. Much appreciated. Room service was expensive, but quickly delivered, and good food. The hotel is situated on the water which is lovely to look out on in the mornings. Public transport not exactly on your doorstep, but several trams into town a 5-minute walk away. Wireless internet good, but somehow I was unable to play any kind of streaming video, including Youtube. Skyping didn't work very well either. The RAI where I was working, was a 10-minute walk away via a nice shopping street. Recommendation to the hotel: Get better quality Dutch newspapers in the lounge. Is De Telegraaf really how you want to profile yourself?

Room Tip: The rooms with even numbers are on the side overlooking the water. Uneven overlook the car park.
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The refurbished rooms in the Wyndham Apollo are clean, attractively furnished and comfortably functional. I’m not a builder but I thought the bathroom was amazingly well tiled and finished I have never seen such perfect workmanship.
The hotel is a short walk from the nearest tram stop and only ten minutes walk from the Convention centre. The hotel is peaceful and it is a pleasure to sit in the bar area with the warm gas fire feature and the panoramic view of the canal. The waiters are very efficient, personable and helpful. The bar food was very good and the meal we ate in the restaurant “La Sirene” was outstanding. The sommelier made the meal very special with his knowledge of wine and the care he took in explaining each dish.
The roads around the hotel are quiet with so many people choosing to travel by bicycle. Our room was a little cold when we arrived but the management quickly sent up an extra heater. We felt very comfortable in this hotel and we would love to return in the summer

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the canal or else high up on the city side so that you have a view over the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I am SO impressed by this hotel! My room looked over the canal and everything was spotless and comfortable. On my last evening I 'lost' my wallet in the city centre and the staff at the hotel could not have been friendlier - insisting I use the desk telephone to report missing cards etc. The ONLy quible I have is the cost of food - and the quality. Breakfast at 22 euros is just too much but nothing compared to the 25 euros I paid for a lager and very poor toasted cheese sandwich - this was ordered in the bar - not room service!

The hotel is really well located in a quiet area just outside of the Museum district. But there are cafes and really good shops about 5 mins away - on the tram route into the city centre. Also It is really convenient to the airport - no more than 30 minutes in total. The train to Amsterdam south and then the number 5 tram to Apollolaan - very easy. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the canal.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank prospect45

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Wyndham Apollo is within 15-minutes walking distance both from the RAI Centre (in one direction) and the Van Gogh museum/ restaurants of central Amsterdam-- this was the perfect location for my 5-day stay.

My room (238) was spacious, comfortable and clean. From the front desk to the waiters serving breakfast -- I found the staff extremely helpful, fielding my many requests with a smile. Situated right on a canal, the view from the restaurant and the lounge area is lovely. As I sipped my morning coffee I watched boats ply the waters just outside the window-- and at the end of the day, I enjoyed a glass of wine and bowl of soup fireside in the lounge.

Overall, good value for my money.

Room Tip: Canal-side, definitely!