“Am I invisible???”

Apollo Hotel Amsterdam
Ranked #112 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Been at the bar for 15min now! The young lady who is serving finally deemed me worthy of her attention; this after serving everyone else before me. Most of them did arrive later than me. Shouldn't happen at this price range; certainly.

• Stayed: May 2014
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Bananaspijamas,

Thank you for leaving your comments on Tripadvisor.

I'm distressed to learn of your dissatisfaction as we strive to fulfill and meet the needs of all our guests. I would like to offer my sincere apologies as I do agree that this should not have happened.

I will certainly take this up with the responsible restaurant manager.

Once more, I am sorry for the inconvenience.

There are newer reviews for Apollo Hotel Amsterdam

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights last week.
It was clean tidy and a lovey view over the canal where you can sit out side and eat and drink.
The rooms were clean and tidy. The hotel is not that large so you get good service from all the staff. 15 Euros and 10 minutes taxi to the city centre. 5 minutes walk to the Rai.
I will stay her again

2  Thank martgr10

Dear Martgr10,

Thank you so much for your nice review.

I'm delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations.

It is nice to read that you had the chance to enjoy our lovely terrace which offers a beautiful view over the canals.

I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our stay started well and carried on in the same vein! We were given a (free) upgrade to a suite with a huge bed, to accommodate my very tall boyfriend(!), when it became apparent there were no more twin rooms available. Special view of the canals, plenty of room, clean and fresh smelling; for a coffee-phile delighted to have a Senseo coffee machine in the room, shame the water vessel was slightly broken and there was no fresh milk, just powdered, but I forgive them!
Great staff, cheerful and helpful, and super location if you are lucky enough to have a room with a canal view. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a room with a canal view, worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Daniela W,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm delighted to read your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

Also, I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers!
I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days. Our room overlooked the canal and was very roomy. Three of us stayed in the room and we were comfortable. It was very quiet and peaceful. The reception area was very friendly especially Elina, who was very friendly and helpful.She has become my email adopted daughter and I have invited her to visit us in Pismo Beach, CA in the future The sea food in the restaurant was superb. We ate there everyday and ordered mussels, oysters and sashimi which were always fresh. I would have given the hotel a 5 star except they accidentally charged us a daily breakfast for 5 days which we tried to correct on our checkout. I had to report it to AMEX and they refunded us the cost of the 4 breakfasts we did not have. Otherwise, a great hotel to stay while in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal is wonderful. The restaurant looks over the canal too and has outside se...

Dear MariaRose,

I will make sure to pass on the compliments to Eline.

It is unfortunate to hear that your credit card was accidentally charged for something that should have been solved during check out. I hope now everything has been taken care of.

Once again thank you for your review and we absolutely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. We will do our utmost to make your stay memorable in a positive manner.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Lobby and restaurant nice. The best rooms overlook a canal area; the others overlook the parking lot with a small landscaped area, and a recreation center that stays open late. The rooms are much smaller in Amsterdam so don't expect the same type of big room the USA have but the room was clean and very quiet. The room in the middle of the hotel on the 3rd floor overlooked the entrance of the hotel and parking area with the small landscaped area but heard no cars. Met a travel tour group there for a 2 night stay; breakfast was included. The breakfast had a variety of things to choose from, no complaints since it was free. Hotel located close to a Shell convenience store that sold soft drinks/sandwiches and snacks about 4 blocks from a variety of restaurants including a Subway sandwich shop that took a credit card which was a plus. Make sure you have plenty of Euro's, ATM's are hard to find and very few restaurants will take a major credit card. All of the staff were nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking canal area have a good view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear BettyGeorge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam.

I am happy to hear that overall the hotel did meet up your expectations and that you enjoyed your overall stay.

The tram stop to go to the city centre is 5 minutes away from the hotel. By tram, it is a 15 minute ride to get to the city centre.

Thank you for complimenting our staff!
I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back upon a future visit to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Good position for this hotel but I suggest to take a bike to reach the centre. The room was clean. Free wi-fi coverage was poor maybe for the position of the room (in the corner of building). Ask the reception for the bikes and a map of the city, they are very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Raffru,

Thank you very much for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

The hotel indeed offers rental for bikes and scooters. Renting one of these will give you the possibility to explore the city in your own tempo and on a typical Dutch way.

I do regret to hear that the WiFi coverage at your room was not as you may expect. Please feel free next time to make us aware of that.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Imre Heijboer – General Manager

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Located in the southen part of Amsterdam this would not be Your first choice for a "city trip". However are You in Amsterdam for a visit to RAI this location is perfect. Great view over the canals, friendly staff and nice rooms.
But their restaurant blew me away. It was outstanding. Having visited a number of restaurants all over Europe I have to say this is my favorite right now. Great food - like really great - good professional waiters and an very fair price. I recommend fully!
Now why only 4*? Well, room had some flares regarding cleaning and interior. Not enough to spoil the stay, but a 5* review has to be absolutely flareless.

Dear HM,

Thank you very much for this positive review!

I feel very honored to hear that restaurant La Sirène is your favorite restaurant after visiting a number of different restaurants in Europe. That truly is a very big compliment!

I am sorry to hear that there were some attention points in regards to the cleaning and interior.

Once more, I would like to thank you for this review!

Imre Heijboer – General Manager