“Getting there...”

Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio
Ranked #118 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 night break at Wyndham Apollo. I was a little disappointed to find our room (32) was on the ground floor right next to lifts but once we got into the room it was modern, clean and noise from the lifts was minimal. The shower head was placed in a rather unusual place meaning you had to stand right in the corner of the bath to avoid drenching the floor (my partner learnt this the hard way and on our first night managed to leave about an inch of water on the bathroom floor!). The door handle to the bathroom was also quite loose and wouldn't allow you to shut the door. This was fine for us but I'm not sure everyone would be comfortable with sharing a room where the bathroom door doesn't close! We also found the bed quite hard and woke up aching like we'd slept on wooden boards.
However, I can't fault the reception staff. They were very helpful at check in and also storing out bags and booking the shuttle for the airport. The shuttle was very convenient and saved us heading back into the centre to catch the train. We didn't have breakfast so I can't comment on that but we saw the price and thought that was expensive.
Overall I think that the hotel is getting there, but just needs a bit more TLC.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel is located nicely and tram lines 5 and 24 stop is nearby and takes you to the city center and to all main attractions easy.
Breakfast was also very good at the hotel and you can even sit outside by the marina and enjoy eh morning and breakfast on the terrace.

Parking was quite expensive - 30 EUR / day. But i guess that is about the normal rate in Amsterdam.
Free WiFi was working very well.

There was one unpleasant surprise. When checking my credit card bill after the trip I noticed the hotel had charged something from the minibar, even if I told the receptionist we had not used the minibar during our stay - that's why I give just three points on the service

Room Tip: We had room 634, which is an executive room with canal view and on the top floor. We thought it woul...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear sir/madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm delighted to read your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

The fee to park your car is in line with the parking fees in the neighborhood. The hotel offers parking for €4 per hour with a maximum of €35 per 24 hours. The concierge department is more than welcome to inform you about all other parking facilities in the near surrounding (distance and prices). Please contact the concierge department for your next visit.

I am very sorry to hear about the mini bar charge. If you will contact our front desk at 0031-20 6735 922 we will be happy to refund the charge. My sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just got back from a stay in the Wyndham Apollo and really enjoyed it. We had a room on the 6th floor overlooking the river with great views over Amsterdam. Room was modern, spacious, clean and really comfortable with all the facilities you would expect nowadays and free wifi throughout also thrown in too. I guess if I was being picky it would have been nice if the hotel was a bit closer to tram stops and more in the centre as you do have to walk 10-15 mins to the nearest line which will take then take you on to the centre of Amsterdam. This takes another 20-25 mins. The hotel however is in a nice quiet location so ideal for getting away from the hustle and bustle. Worth mentioning they also run a shuttle service to the airport. It cost us 7 euros each to get back and was worth every penny as it took the stress out of carrying out luggage across the city and getting a train.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Very good services and excellent location!
My only comment would be that the equipment and style of the hotel is not very uptodate, but that was my first trip to Amsterdam, so I don't have much to compare.
I would come back to Wyndham next time too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mr. Florin T,

I would like to inform you about the updating of the rooms, we have recently renovated a part of the hotel and in the near future we are renovating the rest of the hotel.

We are looking forward welcoming you upon a future stay in Amsterdam!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The kingsize suite 108 is a great room! You overlook the canal outside your room. Very quiet room. The staff is the main reason to return, from the bell hop to the bartender. Very classy and professional.

Room Tip: First floor rooms on the canal side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
ApolloAmsterdam, General Manager at Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute portfolio, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear mrs. Cmp1130,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. We will share your lovely comments about the staff with them. It is our passion to deliver the best possible service every day again and guest compliments are the best motivation to strive to improve continuously.

We hope to welcome you again soon at the Wyndham Apollo Hotel Amsterdam!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The reception area is a bit tricky to find. The design as per me is very weird. This is a first hotel I have seen when they have small path next to the Car parking which the entrance to the hotel. Once you are in the car park there is a nice roundabout with a small Chinese(or Japanese garden) We got a hotwire rate for the hotel and Hotwire did not allow us to choose the bed type. However, the hotel receptionist for kind enough to let two adult males have 2 separate beds but they were joined together !
The location of the hotel is in the museum quarter and its bit far from the Amsterdam Central station (around 4 kms) But Tram lines 5 and 24 are closeby and go to the station.
No complaints on the wifi or the comfort levels.

Room Tip: If you are coming here from the station and plan to walk, make sure you take a print of the route. T...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear sir,

Thank you so much for leaving a review on Tripadvisor.

I hope the entrance to our hotel did not cause you too much inconvenience finding our reception area.

Please note that if you contact our front desk, we will always do our utmost best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We can separate the two beds, in case this is preferred.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.