“Great Bike Ride”
Review of Joy Ride Tours

Joy Ride Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner-operated Amsterdam bike tours that entertain and enlighten, delivered with a passion for beautiful Amsterdam. Located on Museumplein behind The Rijks Museum, meeting in front of the reflecting pool. We specialize in bespoke Private Tours, or book online via our website and save 3 Euros for our Public Countryside Tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I were recently in Amsterdam. After researching for fun activities, I decided to book this bike tour. I am very glad I did. We had a fabulous time, even with the pouring rain,rain ponchos were provided! The bikes a brand spanking new, with a selection to fit the height challenged, like me.i am over 50 and had not really ridden a bike for years, but this ride was easy. This most difficult bit was riding against the wind through a portion of the polder, the wind was fierce. Allison is very friendly and knowledgable. This bike ride is one of my favorite memories from our two week trip.

There are newer reviews for Joy Ride Tours

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was probably the best tour I have had the chance to go on. I don't often do tours, but traveling solo, I figured it would be a great chance to meet new people.

When Allison rolls up and you learn your tour guide is also the owner of the company, you know it will be good. It's her baby, she's going to give it her all. And that she did!

The tour was great and Allison is very informative. She was great to bike alongside and discuss everything from politics to whatever else was on my mind that day about my time in The Netherlands. The bikes were top quality, the stops we made were fun, and she really goes out of her way to make sure each tour is found to be enjoyable by everyone. I took some of her suggestions that she prints out on where else to go and what to eat while there, and each time was great!

I remember I was deciding between this and a couple other tours that were slightly cheaper, but I noticed this tour seemed to offer the longest time out and while I can't speak to the other tours, I can say I'm sure I glad I spent the extra three Euro to go with Joy Ride- it was a wonderful experience!

PS- Book online- you save 3 Euro which is nice!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Three of us met Alison neat the Cobra Cafe. We began by utilizing the award-winning toilet that is nearby. Alison's love of great stories was immediately evident. We then moved to the bike area and received high-quality bikes for the day. We were happy that Sean was willing to keep our bags with him for the day, while we kept the essentials in the bike's trunk /9a bag that is attached to the bike). We then started cycling at a comfortable pace and saw swans, ugly ducklings that hatched four days prior, and many more interesting sights that were coupled with Alison's passion for the city, its surroundings and story telling. Highly recommended . We had a great time.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Dislikes - the weather. Which is obviously out of everyone's control so really, I don't have a single dislike with Joy Ride Bike Tours. The weather was rainy, windy and cold yet we still journeyed out (fortunately, Joy Ride does provide warm / large riding ponchos in anticipation of this weather) to learn about Amsterdam. Many different and unique sights to see and our tour guide Allison was able to explain them all (and then some!). As I mentioned, the weather was horrible - so to surpass our expectations, there was free hot chocolate waiting for our little group upon our afternoon return. It was really refreshing to have gotten that little bit of extra-special treatment as a tourist!!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This ride through a bit of the city and out into the countryside was a terrific introduction to Amsterdam. What better way to see the city than on a bike...but given the bike traffic in Amsterdam, the novice needs a guide! We learned so much about the city, the history and life in Amsterdam....windmills, houseboats, culture, the Dutch perspective on life and liberty. Alison is a great tour guide. We had fun AND we learned many things. Plus, as an added bonus, Alison generously shares her tips on what to see, where to eat etc....that alone is worth the price. If you are secure on a bike seat, take this tour.