“A great way to get to know Amsterdam and the Netherlands”
Review of Joy Ride Tours

Joy Ride Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Owner-operated Amsterdam bike tours that entertain and enlighten, delivered with a passion for beautiful Amsterdam. Located on Museumplein behind The Rijks Museum, meeting in front of the reflecting pool. We specialize in bespoke Private Tours, or book online via our website and save 3 Euros for our Public Countryside Tour.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went on the cheese, clogs and windmill tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. Allison was our guide and her knowledge and enthusiasm for her adopted city / country shone through. She was very personable and was able to handle the diverse range of people on our tour who had differing abilities, languages and cultural needs. The bikes were good, new and well-maintained with lightweight frames so younger and older people as well as cycle novices would be comfortable on this tour. If I was being picky I'd say that the farm part was a bit over-commercial and aimed at the tourist's pockets with a surprisingly large gift shop but if you don't have to buy anything and it didn't detract from getting out into the countryside. Overall it was a really good day run by experts with a a clear passion for their job which can only be good for the customer. I can highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Anthenagin

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This tour was one of the highlights of my 3-day solo stay in Amsterdam. Country-side, windmills, forests, houseboats, suburbia, city, parks, a great way to see so many aspects of this country! The owners are friendly, down-to-earth and genuine. Although you do visit a cheese factory with a shop attached I never felt pressure to buy, and there was no cross-selling of other tours which is refreshing. Definitely recommend booking online, bring lunch with you but no need to bring a raincoat as they are supplied if necessary. If I ever have the chance to head back to Amsterdam with husband and kids in tow I would definitely book a private bike tour through Alison and Sean.

4  Thank AussiesWithYoungKids
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We booked the Cheese, Clogs & Windmill tour online before arriving in Amsterdam (3euro saving) and we were not disappointed. The meeting place is easy, right next to the Iamsterdam sign in the Museumplein. We were greeted by Sean and his assistant Merlot who both couldn't have been friendlier. The weather was beautiful but rain ponchos were provided should you need them. The bikes were practically brand new and easy to use.

This tour is ideal if, like me, you're a bit nervous of cycling round the busy parts of Amsterdam. A short ride through Vondelpark and we were in the countryside. Sean was so knowledgeable and i learnt more about Amsterdam in that few hours than i have done on all my previous visits to the city.

The pace was perfect to take in all the sites and even with a group of 14 and different ages, shapes and sizes, nobody felt slow or a hindrance.

I honestly couldn't recommend this tour enough, and for the cheap price I couldn't believe just how professional and well done it was.

4  Thank Sidda1
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I booked a tour through the website which was very easy to use.
The tour was fantastic! I loved riding through the countryside and learning more about the Dutch way of life and cool history.
The bikes were easy to use, Allison was very friendly and knowledgeable.
My husband ended up being ill and couldn't come along on the tour. They were empathetic and credited his tour, without me even having to ask!
Thanks for a great outing!

1  Thank 177Susan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We spent a lovely day with Alison, who has great knowledge & passion for the city & area. We even got used to the Dutch weather with a torrential downpour. Definitely worth the money.