“Informal excellence”
Review of Mauro Mansion

Mauro Mansion
Ranked #3 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been to Amsterdam several times; I would now stay nowhere else. Friendly , helpful and attention to detail. Our room good size overlooking canal. Good value breakfast with great bread and leaf tea. My only minor suggestion for improvement - have high quality preserves at breakfast to match the other produce.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarkDerbyshire
Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here with my Aunt and Uncle. We took the two rooms on the lower floor. We greeted most enthusiastically by Jimmy who offered us tea & coffee on arrival. He let us throw our bags into our rooms, then we sat on the breakfast communal area where we were able to have a fabulous chat about the area and recommendations for dinner.

This boutique hotel has the best toiletries supplied, however the room can be a little stuffy at night. The hotel provides a complimentary mini bar, with juice, soda and Chardonnay.

Breakfast is self service with cold meats, cheese, hot bread, yoghurt, cereal, tea, coffee and juice. Everything you really need to start your day.

The quality and location of the hotel is fabulous for the price. Book early if you can as there are only a small number of rooms.

Thank you to Berry and Marcel for the fabulous little stay. Jimmy thank you so much for the conversation and inside knowledge on places to eat. Your recommendations were Stella. :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula Z
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Booking a hotel in a foreign country on the basis of reviews from Trip Advisor is possibly the best test there is of whether or not the system works. So . . . . . should this hotel really be in the top 5 hotels for Amsterdam. Answer - yes.
It was safe, secure, reasonably priced, clean, comfortable, well furnished, in a nice location, great breakfast, the people running it were very friendly & helpful.
I'd go back there, I'd recommend it to my friends and family.

5  Thank CJS52
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A two minute walk from Centraal....only if you have to wait for the bikes. This exquisite accommodation is located on the only quiet canal in the central area of Amsterdam. All the action is so close, but your street is almost non existent in this fantastically exciting city. The red light district and coffee shops are near, but none of this is where you are. Metro access with Centraal can put you anywhere within minutes, and the option for train service is outstanding. I believe it is one of the best locations you can stay, in the middle of it all, and sleep well at night. The rooms are spacious, the air conditioning works perfectly, the breakfast is great (and very underpriced, 5 Euro), it's a great thing. They even give you what is in the fridge as a welcoming present. I have NEVER been treated so well. Berry and Marcel are simply wonderful. This is a keeper, you will be very pleased.

Room Tip: We had room 31, great views, quiet on the top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jrmod
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Everything is to love at Mauro Mansion!
Proximity to Central Station - check.
Very clean, quirky room - check.
Very tasty, free mini-fridge - check.
Little sweet treats on the pillow - check.
Very tasty, healthy breakfast at an amazing 5 euros - check.
Complimentary real tea and coffee - check.
Good quality bathroom products - check.
And the piece de resistance - 20 ruby red roses in our room for our Ruby wedding - check!
Thank you so, so much Berry and Marcel.
Perfect hosts - check!

2  Thank Dugandkris
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My partner and I went to check in for 4 days in August, we booked one of the ground floor rooms. As it was the middle of summer it was quite hot. When we opened the door to the room, the first thing I noticed was a musky smell and the fact that it was quite hot.

I went to open the window, which would not open as it is sealed shut. I also realised there is no air-conditioning. There is a small vent above the window that doesn't do much for air flow.

As I am a tad claustrophobic this was deal breaker for me and I had to change hotels. Regardless of being claustrophobic I think they need more ventilation in those rooms or at least conditioning.

In saying that, perhaps if you don't mind no ventilation and in winter it may be fine.

I must say, the room was very clean and well presented and the staff were amazingly accommodating and even offered to help find another hotel when I said I could not stay there.

Room Tip: Ground floor, windows sealed shut and no air-con. Not sure about other rooms.
4  Thank 466nick
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of July 2014. Firstly the location is a 5 min walk from the central station giving tram and bus access to the city. My room was spacious, tastefully decorated, and very clean. The hotel has free wifi and an honesty bar with a wide selection of snacks and drinks for a very reasonable price. The two friendly gentlemen who run the hotel are very generous with their time, and were always keen to help. Everything was easy in this hotel. Also I must add that breakfast was of a fine quality with many different choices. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel as it deserves the fine ratings it has on trip advisor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple