“complete attention to detail & perfect hosts”
Review of Mauro Mansion

Mauro Mansion
Ranked #3 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
brooklyn, NY
“complete attention to detail & perfect hosts”
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Mauro Mansion is amazing -- better than a home away from home. Luxury sheets, bath products, and even heated floor tiles made for the most comfortable travel stay ever. Marcel & Barry are perfect hosts -- ready with wonderful tips and recommendations, but also give you space to relax and enjoy their chic hotel. The food was perfect -- unlimited loose leaf tea and cappuccino + lovely freebies like chilled prosecco & wine glasses in the room. I've never felt compelled to review a hotel, but this one is worth it!

1 Thank dreabklyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
spenspen
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Well what can I say...

Perfect? Great? Sublime? Luxurious? Heaven? Chic? Boutique? .....Well all of them really! what this hotel does and what marcel and Berry do is the thing most hotels never achieve in a lifetime.....Make a difference! And boy do they do it in style!

We went for Valentines and stayed for 4 days and had the most amazing experience, this was helped by Berry and Marcel who made our stay truly unforgetable....Thank you B&M.

The hotel is situated within walking distance from everywhere and is in a great location. It is situated only 5 mins walk from central station (turn left out of the station and keep walking until you see the street, then only 100yds down that street).
The hotel has the best rooms I have stayed in (and we are hotel snobs I don't mind admitting) with great bathrooms (bath for two, power showers, sublime bedding, free mini bar, TV if you want that etc), they make you very welcome and can give you any info you need and nothing is too much trouble!
The breakfasts keep you going most of the day and if you want you can just chill out in the kitchen/lounge area.

I recommend the 'Ciel Bleu' resturant if money is no option as myself and my g'friend went for Valentines but be very warned as you pay a lot of money for this once in a lifetime experience (£400 + for a experience for two), perfect food (9 courses for us), perfect views over Amsterdam and of course michelin class service.

On valentines day we had roses, chocolates and a lovely card waiting for us on our return, we added to it with a bottle of Champagne from the 'honesty bar' (great little touch and soooooo cheap)!

Berry & Marcel...Please do not change a thing, you have achieved so much and I promise we will be back soon!

If i could put 6 stars on this hotel then I would, i have to say that our visit to this great city was the best I have ever had.

Thank you!!!

2 Thank spenspen
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Having stayed in a great wealth of accommodation. I have seen the GREAT and the unbelievably poor in accommodation. I feel this hotel should be given at least 4* and not because it is grand, although it is perfect. It's because of the little things that are not too small for them to carry out. We stayed there for a couple of nights and it was so lovely inside especially with the Jaccuzi in our room free drinks and a well stocked honesty bar that we had second thoughts about going out!! (But come on it's Amsterdam, who stays in)? On arriving one of the gentlemen that owns the hotel told us a little history about the place and a few sights not to miss then promptly took our bags to the room. There are bedrooms on the ground floor so if you have trouble climbing stairs I might mention this. Also on making my booking they sent their own email to confirm and to enquire how we would arrive and if we had enough confidence to find their hotel. They provided further detailed directions than we had from the booking company. I have found so Many more things delightful on our stay and that's not to mention the charms of Amsterdam itself. Oh and I forgot, its just round the corner from EVERYTHING!!!

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank PeteAlexTripStories
Meath, Ireland
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I'm writing this review on behalf of my parents, who stayed in Mauro Mansion from 17th to 20th Feb. I booked it for them based on the reviews on tripadvisor. They are home now but are still raving about the hotel and the friendliness and helpfulness of Berry and Marcel. They said it was spotless, brilliant location and one of the guys even spent ages trying to check them in online due a problem with the airline's website. So many thanks to Berry and Marcel and I look forward to staying with you myself in the near future.

Reading
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Recently stayed for 4 nights at the Mauro. Excellent location very short walk from central station. Round the corner from China town with its small Buddist temple. Easy walking distance to all areas, no real need to take the tram.
We stayed in 2 different rooms the first had a courtyard view, was a great size, really spacious, loved the walk in shower and the 'Barcelona sofa'. Second room was smaller but had a canal view. The hotel has an interesting past with some interesting remaining 'artifacts'.
Breakfast room was really nice. Loved the warm bread, herbal tea and the host's daily treats. As previous reviews mention the hotel management are very helpful. thanks for the map which you marked with all the locations that we wanted to see.
Only one request would have liked a bigger bath towel please!
Thanks for a great stay......

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2011

We would love to run a hotel, we would love it to be the best in the world, I think these guys would challenge us to that title.

Everything about this hotel helped make this one of the most enjoyable weekends we have ever had, thanks guys!

1 Thank GlobalGooner81
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My wife and I just got back from three weeks of travel and during our Amsterdam visit we stayed at Mauro Mansion. As all of the reviews before us have stated, we just can't say enough great things about this awesome hotel. We really felt at home - the owners Berry and Marcel are super accommodating and approachable. They helped us out with places to eat and tickets to attractions/museums and every morning they provided a relaxed, casual breakfast experience in the lounge. The rooms were large, incredibly comfortable with big beds and baths and each had its own trendy quirks. Room 12 is great!

Thanks for an amazing stay - hoping to come back soon.