“Always make me feel home”
Review of Desa

Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: De Pijp
Description: Authentik Indonesian Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Always make me feel home”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Everytime iam on duty to Amsterdam, i always come and visit desa rest to have my meals. Taste so good, the quantity just enaugh and most important the atmosphere feel like home, i recommend this rest for traveler to stop by, specially rendang, gado gado and soto. One more thing, the people who serve us are typical indonesian, very friendly, lots of smile and helpfull if i need an direction. Bravo Desa rest

Visited December 2013

• Indonesian first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great place”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We had a great experience there! The restaurant is laid-back and not in the hub, but very easy to get to. Service is great, food is good and plenty, prices were reasonable. Very friendly people. It was my birthday and couldn't have had a better time.

• Visited March 2013
“Rendang to cure homesick for Indonesian”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I & my husband was taken to the Restaurant by our tour group of all together 90+ paxes, and I can see most satisfied faces around as we have been away from our country for a few days then, and for most Indonesians, food are amongst the powerful thing to fill ones heart. The homesickness yeaning within me & my husband are somewhat softened by the Indonesian dishes served, first the shrimp crackers, the white opulent steaming rice in a big bowl for everyone to dig in, then come the chicken curry, rendang, sauteed long bean in spices. The rendang left deepest impression in me as I tried a small piece then take some more and more, I love it. Although most of it's dishes is a little bit sweeter and less spicey than what we always have back home, but I think it must have been adapted to local taste and favor. I wish to come again someday if I'm in Amsterdam. The restaurant itself is a long building and decorated warmly to welcome us. I enjoy this restaurant.

Visited June 2013
Perth, United Kingdom
“just good food”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

really great food here have bean eating in holland for years
this is the first time here and was no disappointed the rustafill was to die for and the service was great there were a couple of dishes that we both loved the staff picked up on this and provided more at no extra charge great place to eat

Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, OH
“First time visit, good impression”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

In Amsterdam, you will come across not one, not two, buat more than 10 Indonesian restaurants. This is one of the few recommended by the Indonesians. We skipped risttafel and with the help from our Indonesian friend, ordered Indonesian salad "gado-gado", lamb curry "gulai kambing", and a bowl of spicy cow's stomach soup "soto babat".

The food was very good, we especially enjoyed the gado-gado. Service was excellent, maybe because my friend requested everything in their mother tounge. We even got some complimentary fruit cuts as dessert.

For 5 people, we spent € 98 (less than €20 per person). Noted that none of us ordered any alcoholic beverages, just fruit juices or water.

• Visited May 2013