“NH Galaxy staff is excellent”
Review of NH Amsterdam Noord

NH Amsterdam Noord
Ranked #80 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed here many times on business and the staff at this hotel is ecxcellent. It is just a short walk to the ferry to downtown. Nice little cafe in the hotel for a quick snack. Think you will enjoy your visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here more 50+ Times over the last three years. The staff is always helpful and polite. They look out for me with advice on dining opportunities to sight seeing. The shuttle to downtown runs regularly and is fast. Laundry service is prompt and very good. During inclimate weather, or if you just want to stay close, the pub downstairs is great. The food is reasonably priced and good. The best thing though is the staff. Nadia, in particular, is the example of helpful and efficient. She is always right there to make sure all of my needs are met. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Gordon

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel has clean rooms, new amenities, rooms with refrigerators, DVD players, hot pots and more. It has a good restaurant, and a cafe with EXCELLENT sandwiches made by Naomi! The staff is well informed about what to do in the city (a short ferry ride by the hotel, or they provide transportation right to the heart of the city...about 10 minutes!) as well as what to do in and around Holland. There's a lot of good restaurants within a 5 minute walk as well. Everyone there is very friendly, and helpful. The manager, Dagmar Gielens is incredibly helpful, assisting her guests, and making the environment at the hotel peaceful/relaxing.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the amenities in the rooms are great, fridge, coffee maker, and DVD players. Easy to get into town by the hotel van or walk to the ferry.

1  Thank jimean s
NHGalaxy, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Noord, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Jimean,

thank you for your review. As we value our guests' opinion, I am very glad you have enjoyed your stay in NH Galaxy. I am very glad you find our team friendly and helpfull and I will be sure to pass this on to the team.
I look forward to see you again in NH Galaxy

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I would like to thank the staff for providing my husband and I a wonderful stay at the NH Galaxy Hotel in Amsterdam. The rooms are clean,the food in the restaurant is good and priced right! The staff was very accommodating providing us with information about fun things to do around the city! There is also a shuttle service that will take you into the city! it runs every 15 mins.....so,no need to rent a car to see the sights. Amsterdam has excellent public transportation so it is easy to see the sights either by tram,walking or biking! I would like to give a special thank you to the front desk staff. Maria was very helpful and friendly making sure our room was comfortable. The Food and Beverage Manager, Dagmar Gielens was helpful by explaining the culture and food to my husband who considers himself some what of a "Foodie" Overall I would highly recommend the NH Galaxy hotel for your Amsterdam stay!
Debbie Cowler

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Debbie,

thank you for your detailed and positive review. I am so glad you have enjoyed your time in Amsterdam with your husband. It was a pleasure having you in the hotel together. I am sure the next time you both visit, we will be extending the "Food" experience in the Netherlands. I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to the front office team and in particular to Maria. Thank you again for your kind words, and let me know when we will see you again in NH Galaxy.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel has a very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are very clean and attractive. It's easy to get into town by hotel van or a short walk to the ferry. There are avariety of restaurants in the area besides the bar/restaurant in the hotel.

Dear Kimberly,

thank you so much for your review. As we value the opinion of our guests highly, I am very glad you have enjoyed your encounters with our staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the staff and will be giving the housekeeping staff the honours for the clean rooms.
I look forward to see you again in NH Galaxy.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was my first time visiting Amsterdam and we checked into this brilliant hotel.. It was spot on everything you could possibly wish for. From amazing friendly staff who would literally do anything to ensure you had a pleasant stay, too wonderful accommodation, pleasant room, lovely food, and all at a reasonable price... Its a little distant from the city centre but that's not a worry with a fantastic free car journey to the town and also a free ferry if your coming back past midnight... I would highly recommend this lovely lovely hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
NHGalaxy, General Manager at NH Amsterdam Noord, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Adz91,

thank you so much for your "fantastic" review. We value the opinion of our guests highly and I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our product as well as our staff. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff members.
We look forward to see you again in an NH Hotel and especially when visiting Amsterdam, hopefully in NH Galaxy.

Hotel Director