“Great little location, great pizza!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pizzeria Fuoco Vivo
Ranked #196 of 3,725 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are located in Amsterdam Oud-West on a short distance walking from Ana Frank House,at the eind of the Rozengracht Between Nassaukade and Bilderdijkstraat.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great little location, great pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My partner and I went here on our last night in Amsterdam. We were tired of trailing around the city looking for dinner, and was recommended this restaurant from a blog.
It was very close to where we were staying on Da Costastraat.

On entering we were offered to choose where we sat. The place was quite quiet though not dead. We noted that many of the other customers were Dutch, rather than tourists.

The menu was not huge, but had plently of different dishes (pizzas, pastas) to suit most needs. I ordered a margherita and my partner the Peppino. They also have daily specials available.

Both pizzas arrived promptly and, I can say with no hesitation, that it was one of the best pizzas I have ever had! The base and crust was delicious (sour-dough I believe). The tomato sauce was delicious and flavorsome, and the mozarella stringy, tasty and authentic. We both cleared our plates.

The restaurant is both modern, yet traditional. The wood-burning oven is visible and really adds to the feel of the place. The staff were very friendly and attentive.

I would recommend going a bit out of your way to visit here for great, Italian pizza cooked by Italians!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank christopherstevenson

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pizza in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely restaurant, it's slightly out the city centre and when we went it seemed to be mostly locals dining there. It doesn't look like much from the outside but inside is lovely and you can see the wood burning oven where they cook the pizzas. The staff are very friendly and there is a great menu on offer. Our pizzas were amazing, so fresh and the tomato sauce is delicious with lovely toppings. It was reasonably priced as well, and I would definitely go again. Can't recommend enough, definitely worth a visit!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank msmart90
Penarth, South Wales
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We've eaten at many Italian restaurants over the years, but were rather disappointed with our experience here; our Margarita pizzas had a lovely crust but were soggy in the middle and tasted bland. The service at the restaurant was fine, but I'm afraid we wouldn't venture here again on a future visit to Amsterdam.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“True italian pizza! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I've been several time at pizzeria fuoco vivo and the pizza is really good! I feel like in my home country, all staff is Italian and also all the products used for The pizza. They have also a very good homemade tiramisu. The Only thing that I didn't like: their knives cannot cut properly the pizza!! Except this, I think it's one of the best pizza in ams.

1 Thank Ylenia A
“Our monthly treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We are an italian family living in the Netherlands and this is the best place to have an italian pizza. They use their own produce like their mozzarella di bufala which is excellent and gives the pizza it's authenticity. Would definitely book on a weekend as it can get really busy.