“Excellent hotel with great location”

Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
Ranked #82 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Excellent hotel with great location”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

From the beginning of the stay I was warmly welcomed and personnel was very friendly and polite. Whole hotel and room was very tidy. Beds were comfortable and rooms very quiet. As a runner the location next to Vondelpark was perfect to me. It was easy to start your day with a morning run in the park and after that had a delicious and organic breakfast.
Tram goes right next to the hotel which is totally bonus. I can warmly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 30 January 2012

disrespectful...impolite...lie in bed photos...small room...cold room...despots...I mixed it my room without permission...not appear in the picture at the hotel, the building back on the street is that you need ...Do not go Do not..... very very bad

Room Tip: rooms are bad...small...cold..dark...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SAF101
Conscious_Hotels, Owner at Conscious Hotel Vondelpark, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Sometimes when you’re browsing Tripadvisor you think to yourself “these hotel reviews are so good they must have been written by the management”. Well, nobody would suspect that of your review.

We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. It’s tough to read your review. But it’s your passionate opinion and we respect that. And it proves, if nothing else, that the reviews here are all genuine and from guests who believe in sharing their opinions, good or bad. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Marco Lemmers
Director of Conscious Hotels
New York City
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This being my first time in Amsterdam,I decided to try out a different type of hotel from the ones I usually stay in.Most of the hotels I stay in are four or five stars,with tons of amenities.So this time around I wanted to expand my travel horizons.Which lead me to staying at the Conscious Hotel Amsterdam.It is located in the Vondelpark section of Amsterdam.

The Vondelpark is a public urban park of 47 hectares (120 acres) in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is located in the stadsdeel Amsterdam Oud-Zuid, west from the Leidseplein and the Museumplein.

Centrally located and a 15 minute tram ride from the center of town.The tram is located directly in front of the hotel.So its a quick 1 tram ride from Amsterdam's Centraal Station.

Upon entering the hotel lobby after getting off a train from Antwerp at Centraal Station.I was little bit tired,sweaty,and hungry.I arrived at around 12 in the afternoon.Approaching the desk I was met by a very warm smile.Welcoming me to Amsterdam and the hotel,telling him my name we were told our room wasn't ready.Which was fine I went out and explored Amsterdam.

Coming back a couple of hours later the room was available .The room was typical to european standards..smaallll.but that is to be expected.This being a eco hotel that means no control of the air condition.I t was sent from the lobby.No refrigerator in the room so no midnight snacks.I don't ever use the snacks provided .I often use it to store things I have purchased during the day from the local supermarket(wine,cheese,fruit).This was a slight inconvenience,actually more than a slight inconvenience.Also after a long day of touring a little ice would be nice with my drink.For you to get ice you had to go to the lobby to get it.After asking they only gave you a cup of ice for two people.They also asked why you needed the ice.Why i needed the ice?Are you serious?

The shower was also not that great,I don't know if it had to do with conservation or poor plumbing.The room was decorated nicely in a plant theme,most of the rooms in the hotel ,as well as the lobby have a eco plant theme going on.The bathrooms was clean and efficient and unusually big.I almost wish they had taken a little less room for the bathroom and added a little of that space for the actual room itself.

So if you have a chance to visit one of my favorite cities in the world.You can take a chance on The Conscious Hotel.Some might love it while others might hate it.I personally depending on the time of day felt both.For the price and location you can't beat it,so this might tip the scales for some.Either way travel,explore,and as always be safe.
I have some pictures from my stay here:

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fforbes212
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Traveled to Amsterdam with the family (2 young kids). wanted a nice hotel not to expensive that is not smack in the center of town.
I could not be happier to stay at the Conscious Hotel Vondelpark! 10 minutes from the center, nice clean rooms, decent breakfast and best of all GREAT STAFF!!! helped with anything I needed or requested.

I'm planning my trip to AMS again and hope to be able to get rooms at the this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel, rooms are a bit bigger and less crowded.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I travelled to Amsterdam with our friends for 4 nights in November 2011. Stayed at this fab hotel located ideally about a 15 minute walk to Dam Square

On arrival the hotel staff were very helpful and the dancing bar man was amazing haha! Rooms were exceptionally clean and very quirky.

Trams stop right outside the door of the hotel so perfect for getting in and out of the centre. Would definitely stay here again if we returned to Amsterdam!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Good location, No.1 Tram stops right in from of hotel and takes you into the city centre. I requested a twin room but was given a double room.
In the corridor outside our room was a dirty glass and spoon which was there for more than 24 hours. We had such a lovely time discovering Amsterdam that we only realised the next morning that the linen was quite badly stained.
Staff were absolutely lovely, friendly and very helpful. Good location but very basic.
Maybe just me, but I've never stayed in a hotel without coffee and tea facilities, even the youth hostels I've stayed in had coffee and tea facilities.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alichia58
Belgium
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Stayed in this Hotel for one night and found this to be conveniently located in middle of restaurants. Very well maintained rooms that are clean, eco-friendly and reasonable sized.

Also, staff is very very friendly and helps you to best they can.

Hotel has a paid parking and some very good restaurants around. Hotel breakfast is ordinary.

While all was good, one needs to keep in mind that pathways inside Hotel resemble a zig saw puzzle with you having open at least 5 doors and take 2 elevators (in your room is in Tower B)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business