Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
Rho Hotel(Amsterdam)
US$321
US$303
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$252
ibis
Lloyd Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$353
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$209
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$352
  • Pool
US$648
US$540
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$199
Travelocity
1,349 results
All reviewstram stoptower beco hotelorganic breakfastcity centrenumber trambathroom floorlovely hotelcentral stationgreat showerpleasant staycomfy bedschiphol airportpublic transportamsterdam centraalyogurtdam square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This hotel has amazingly comfortable beds, it's quiet, there's a parking garage, they rent bicycles on site, the staff is helpful, their breakfast is delicious and from this location, you get to view how the locals live/ride by biking through Vondelpark to the centre.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Stayed here for four nights and it was a great hotel. Paid extra for the premium room and the beds were really comfortable.

The location is perfect. It's not too far to get anywhere - you can be in museum square in less than 10 minutes, and dam square is only 15 minutes. The tram line is right outside the hotel which is really convenient and the Line 1 takes you everywhere you need to go. It is also very easy to get to the airport - it only takes about 35-40 minutes.

Our room was very warm upon arrival and the safe wasn't working, but one of the staff was really helpful and sorted it out very quickly. All of the staff were really friendly and helpful throughout the hotel, as well as the cleaners. It felt a very safe hotel.

The breakfast seemed expensive so we decided not to have it because there were plenty of other options in the city that were probably better value. There aren't that many good places to eat near the hotel but a few minutes away on the tram are plenty of good options.

The only problem in our room was with the shower, because water is all over the floor every time you take one, no matter how hard you try not to flood the bathroom! The rest of the bathroom is great, quite spacious (can't say the same for the room but it didn't matter too much). We had just a desk and small wardrobe but it was enough. Despite it being really hot the last couple of days of our trip, the room was still a nice temperature to sleep in. The television doesn't have many channels but that wasn't really a problem either.

Definitely would stay here again if I came back to Amsterdam. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I've been to Amsterdam quite a few times and you have to understand why you want to stay in this area. Make sure you know what is around you and that the scenery is a bit different than in the heart of downtown near the squares. Still amazing, of course, but it's a bit quieter. If you want to be within a stumbles reach from the coffeeshop or the bar to the hotel, this might not be for you.

I have stayed in several places in Amsterdam, though, and none of them let me down, to be honest. Of course some are more convenient but the public transport is so efficient and reliable, that the 10 minute tram ride in the beggining of the day becomes a great "routine" if you're staying long. Some travelers will understand what I mean when I say that the people watching and seeing the city wake up is a lot of fun.

Location justified, onto the hotel itself.

Modern. Clean looking, clean itself. Staff is friendly, Amsterdam-standard friendly, which means you're in great hands. I was walking bare feet to the reception to ask for the internet password.
The guy told me "You can't walk bare feet". I said "I'm going back to my room anyway, do you want to put me in a wheelchair?" He laughed and said "Well, it's ecological...", aluding to the hotel's "green flag".

The double room wasn't big, but it was enough for a couple to stay and the bed was great. Very good lights and wide windows. Heating is superb and very efficient.

The shower is the traditional european mobile showerhead, which I don't like. I prefer the fixed shower and theirs is an ecological one that saves water and it takes longer to remove the shampoo, for instance. In the end you shower longer, but they like to think they are saving the environment so let them be.

We did not pay extra for breakfast. For 12 euros per person/day, it was actually better to spend 24 euros at Albert Heijn and have a picnic at the park. Or just sit somewhere and eat. They have small stores called "Albert Heijn to-go" and I don't even have to say how perfect that is for the traveler with a severe case of the munchies and a desire to save money, or even to eat something other than an oily burger king. They even have salads, which I loved.

There is a tram stop IN FRONT of the hotel, need I say more?

If you are traveling with your family, I'd advise for somewhere more spacious, and perhaps a bit more centrally located.

If you are going to tour Amsterdam on a bicycle, consider this place as very viable because there is wide availability of bicycle parking around, and main routes out of there to all parts of the city. You are JUST outside of the frenzy.

The place is just sexy. You walk in there with your woman feeling like James Bond. If you've had your dutch coffee you'll be sure you're James Bond. It's movie-like and sleek. They nailed it on the looks. And the whole thing screams "amsterdam".

There are lots of stickers all over the hotel, telling you how they are saving the world there. The heating has a sticker, the shower has one, the sink has one, the toilet has one, the ceiling light switch... It gets annoying to be honest, but it's cool to see they want to show what they did, and the whole place just feels like a showcase, a rolemodel for other hotels.

I'd stay there again without a second thought.

Went as a couple.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Felipe F
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed in the hotel for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it, the staff at reception are a credit to the hotel, very polite and helpful.
Our room was directly above the entrance and sing the road, despite this we didn't notice any noise and the curtains are black out meaning that we were in for a good nights sleep.
The hotel is easily accessible by tram from Amsterdam Centraal, just hop on the number 1 tram towards Orsdorp and get off at the overtoom stop and the hotel is in front of you, trams are every ten minutes during the day.
Although we cannot comment on the breakfast (€13 each was a little expensive for our budget) it was nice to know it was all organic and fair trade! The rooms themselves are on the small side, however have everything you need without being squashed. They also have a hair dryer in the room that actually has the ability to dry hair unlike some hotels I've stayed in. All together this hotel is ideal for a short stay in Amsterdam.
Before check out there is a city tax payment of about €2.50 a night, however the is standard though out all of Europe.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Conscious_Hotels, Manager at Conscious Hotel Vondelpark, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Emma,

Thanks so much for your kind review! Too bad you didn't try our organic breakfast, we even have fresh OJ nowadays! The citytax is actually 5.5% of your net room rate, which means (according to my calculations) that you were able to snap up a great deal for your stay ;-)

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Rob van Hemert

PS: The rooms in the Conscious Hotel Museum Square (our other hotel in Amsterdam) are actually huge for a 3 star hotel in Amsterdam, perhaps you could try that hotel on your next visit to Amsterdam?

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Unless you have a beard, wear sandals and eat lentils, I suggest that all normal people should give this place a miss !! The tiny entrance is located on a very busy street, separated only by a narrow path from massed cyclists and motor scooters who do not slow or stop for anyone. The corridors are painted black and the room doors are covered in silly slogans. Our room was very small with only a small table and chair, no desk or shelf on which to store things. There are numerous stickers on the walls asking if you really need to watch TV or have a shower longer than 3 minutes in a bathroom with dark brown tiles and advising that the table is made out of recycled coffee cups plus other similar comments.

Arriving in mid summer, 30C one might expect either a/c or a fan in the room, but no the hotel is more concerned in saving the planet than about the comfort of paying customers. You have been warned.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaptainPugwash123

Wow, that is one hard review for us to read. Ouch..

First of all, I am genuinely very sorry to hear that you did not like anything at all in our hotel and thus did not enjoy your stay with us as much as you and I both would have liked.

What I am not sorry for is that we are proud embassadors of sustainability. Yes, this means that we try to create awareness among our guests and try to positively stimulate and show our guests that being 'green' can actually be fun and comfortable. But I believe that we are not 'in your face' all too much in doing so.

That being said, I still hope we could get a chance to show you exactly what we try to, and actually achieve with our efforts and what we stand for at Conscious Hotels. Perhaps you could contact me through the hotel's front desk for an attractive offer for your next visit to Amsterdam, should you be interested.

Best wishes,