“A lovely place to stay.”

Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
Ranked #81 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed for three nights here this month. The staff were helpful and informative. The room was spotlessly clean and very conformable. We really felt at home. The bar/sitting room area was very relaxing. The breakfast was also of a high standard. The quirky eco labels were fun. We faced the street and it was NOT noisy as the modern windows filter out the sound. Brilliant location, highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura B

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here for five nights. First let me say this property exceeded my expectations.

The lobby/bar area was lovely and had affordable drinks and a nice environment for relaxing in the evenings. The staff was friendly and courteous.

The room, while a bit small, where clean and beautiful with the wall murals. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was HUGE. I loved the eco-friendly concept. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and there was very little noise from outside the room.

Breakfast was more than worth the money, there were so many options and everything was delicious.

The location was PERFECT, the tram stops directly in front of the property so transportation is easy.

On my next trip to Amsterdam not only would I stay here, but I would also recommend it to anyone else looking for a reasonable accommodation in a great location.

Room Tip: I had a "inner" room away from the streets and there was no noise at all. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Jessie D
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

There are two buildings. If you get the room facing the street it s a bit noisy.

The corridors smell weird. Rooms are clean but they have nothing. If you dont like soft matresses don't get a premium room, you will sleep in a matress like a hamaca(first day we had to put the matress in the floor because it was impossible to sleep in that bed). If you prepay be sure because they don't refund at all.

In our room the sink was leaking.

50% of the staff not friendly just correct.

Apart from that the location is not bad 35' walking from downtown, but the connections are good.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

This place is so clean, so stylish, and so affordable. And on top of all of that it's environmentally friendly! Much to recommend.

I stayed here with a friend when we visited Amsterdam as tourists. A Dutch friend had recommended it, and I'm so glad they did. At first I thought it was slightly off the beaten track (i.e not in the middle of the tourist / red light district) which I'm now very happy about! It's next to the park and close to all the museums, and the transport links are excellent. It was so clean and light and modern but very welcoming.

I like it so much that when I had to come back to the city on a business trip I booked it again. As soon as I got in I was so glad I did. Free wifi! Great breakfast! Lovely showers! Big room! Helpful staff! Environmentally friendly! Cheap! Honestly, why can't all hotels be like this?

Now when I stay in faceless corporate places or dirty dives, I think about the Conscious hotels and wish they were a bigger chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Staying by Vondelpark was such a privilege! We were riding through the park every morning. From the hotel, we could ride to ALL places we visited in Amsterdam. We rented our bikes directly from the hotel (which had competitive prices comparing to specialized shops). Besides the bikes and privileged location, the rooms were extremelly comfortable and stylish, but minimalist at the same time; without all the "spoiled guests' items" (body lotion, conditioner, mini bar, bathrobe, slipers) but all you need (soap, shampoo, hair dryer, safe box, a comfy bed, tv). The hotel has a restaurant and bar, having also plenty of shops in the neighbourhood, so you can purchase any additional item you need. The staff was ever courteous and helpful. It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay, so I definitely recommend this hotel. I just wish this chain would be present in other cities in the World!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Got here late in the wee hours of the morning on a swift cab ride from Schiphol. Had never heard of this small hotel before and I must admit I was a little worried about the kind of place it would turn out to be as most common hotels were full due to a huge convention in Amsterdam.

To my delight, this cozy city alternative hotel, a re converted city building into a environment"ally" friendly and bio loving place, immediately lifted my worries as the welcoming staff were all pleased to see me crashing in at 1am!

The rooms are quite small albeit modern and bare simple, but the bed is extremely comfy and it didn't take long for me to drift off..

The following morning an all organic simplistic bio buffet was awaiting for my hard day's night empty stomach. Simple, vers en lekker like the Dutch would say!

Staff was in a chatting mood and did not raise an eyebrow when I asked to check out a little later due to my afternoon flight.

My company forked out around 200 € for a good night's sleep and the bio buffet. Although it might sound a little pricy, the simple cosy city slick quality did make up for it. But do plan ahead for an easy train ride to the city or back to the airport as the cab fares will cost you an extra 30-40€. The train stop is right in front of the hotel.

Consciously yours,

Manabovetheclouds

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have been a regular at Conscious Vondelpark since I discovered it. The hotel is stylish and clean, the staff are super friendly and the location is just perfect, a short ride away from Amsterdam Central but away from the madness of the red-light district.
The rooms are not very large but the comfort of the lobby and the free wi-fi more than makes up for this.
This is a home away from home for me. I stay at Conscious Vondelpark every single time I am in Amsterdam and love it!

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms with balcony are the most spacious
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business