“Great design, amazing breakfast”

Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
Ranked #90 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great design, amazing breakfast”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I only had 1 night booked at this hotel, but I will be back with friends soon to experience more!

The hotel has a young design, and they have a great casual communication style, making you feel at home instantly.

The highlight for me was the breakfast which was fully organic, great quality products, especially loved the homemade granola and the OJ machine!

The location is good, on the edge of the Vondelpark, which is great for jogging, or you can use one of the hotel bikes. You can catch a tram directly in front of the hotel to the city heart.

Room Tip: Room 612 is one of the top rooms, they come with a lovely balcony, looking out over the city. Worth...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MatthijsPrague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

One of the best places I've ever stayed. Location is great, 5 minute tram from the city centre that is directly outside the hotel. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean, great staff, very modern, has a lovely bar and is good for the environment! Stay in this hotel!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel. Excellent location with a Tram stop right at the entrance that enables quick trips into the city centre, and an entrance to Vondelpark around the corner. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fantastic. And my wife had commented (a few times) that this was the best smelling hotel she's ever stayed in. The Eco Hotel idea adds a little to the appeal. But most importantly: the room was large, clean and neat. It certainly attributed to our wonderful visit to Amsterdam.

2 Thank John-Evans_Wagenaar
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I was a bit concerned I couldn't get a hotel in the centre of Amsterdam, but there was no problem going back and fore, the tram stop is infront of the hotel, they are very regular and reasonably priced. We hired bikes from the hotel one day and spent the afternoon going round vondelpark. I would highl y recommend this hotel for value, service and location. We received a list of restaurants the hotel recommend when we arrived, we went to red on the first night and loved it that much went back on our last night. Thanks conscious hotel for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank gemma m
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel was perfect for a weekend in Amsterdam and the end of our European 10 day vacation. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable but the shower didn't have a shower curtain so there was water all over everytime which was annoying at times. Location is outside the center of Amsterdam but there is a tram stop right outside the hotel which will take you everywhere. Worth the reduction in price to not stay directly in the center of the city and have such a quality hotel. Will definitely be back here if I come back to Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Maywood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

For a long awaited trip that I took with my boyfriend we had an amazing stay. The staff was warm and welcoming from the moment we attempted to check in. Kent who processed our check in was very helpful and was even able to let us know as soon as our room was ready despite the fact that we were early for the checkin time. We had great conversations with most of the staff and they even knew my boyfriends coffee order by the time our weeks stay was over.
The room was great and felt like home the entire time we were there. The shower was amazing and well needed after 19 hours in transit to Amsterdam I have never experienced a room that was both so Eco-friendly and comfortable.
If I ever do return to Amsterdam. Conscious hotels will be my first choice in places to stay not only for the closeness in location but also for the way that we truly felt at home during our stay.

Room Tip: Walk to tower B is not long but very easy and scenic.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert M
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is, if you care about the environment, the best stay in Amsterdam. The staff is very friendly, helpful and informative. There is a recycling station between the two towers and if you cannot find a special recycling (metal) you can hand it in at reception.
The rooms are nice with a funny touch to them, you'll see what I mean when you stay there. I've stayed there twice and I'm going back for my third time in June.
It has a beautiful lobby with a leafy wall and recycled furniture.
I just looove this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends