“Excellent!!!”

US$35.58*
Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Skip The Line Rijksmuseum
US$56.93*
and up
75-Minute Amsterdam Canal Cruise with Rijksmuseum and Heineken Experience...
US$112.68*
Small-Group Guided Tour of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam
Ranked #1 of 517 things to do in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Rijksmuseum is the museum of the Netherlands. The completely renovated Rijksmuseum tells the story of the Netherlands from the Middle Ages to the 20th century. Including works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals, and more! Most famous is Rembrandt's masterpiece the Night Watch. A new display of the collection, a renewed building, new public facilities, a revamped garden and a new Asian Pavilion. Open daily from 9 am to 5 pm.
Athens, Greece
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I loved it! There were a lot of things to see, the paintings, the china, the doll houses, all wordeful. I mostly like the fact that it wasn't so crouded as the Van Gogh museum , so we could enjoy more the wordeful paintings of Vermeer!!!

Visited August 2011

Yerevan
3 attraction reviews
“History of Amsterdam”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Everithing was good.The part of museum is under reconstruction and we couldnt visit all the rooms. I wish they prolong working day till 20.00

Visited May 2012
Sarasota, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It looked SO BIG on the Outside”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My wife and I were shocked to see how small the museum was once we walked into the building that looked huge on the outside. It's under renovation, so maybe most of it is closed? The famous "Nightwatch" is presented very well and not to be missed if you go.

Visited June 2012
Toronto
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good Museum, Not a Rembrandt Fan”
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I wasn't planning on visiting the Rijksmuseum. I would have preferred to see the Van Gogh museum, but the lineup was far too long. As the Rijks is just up the road, we chose to go in.
The museum is under renovation, so portions were not open. But frankly, you couldn't do it all in a day anyways. The museum is well laid out and allows a leisurely pace throughout the museum.
I'm biased as I really don't love Rembrandt and similar styles of art. I can appreciate the way Rembrandt lit his paintings, as a photographer myself, his lighting techniques are spectacular.
However, the subject of most of his work is of less interest to me. I really enjoyed seeing the Kitchen Maid by Vermeer.
Nice museum, but not one of the best I've visited.

Visited June 2012
Toronto, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great! Only 1 wing open but awesome!”
Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Only 1 wing is open, but it displays the masterpieces, so it is just as well. Museum closes at 6 PM, as does pretty much all the other museums.

1 Thank Party444