I spent 5 magical days in this hotel in January 2012... Everything from the kind door man in a front of the hotel and checking in to every single detail during my stay and checking out, was perfect... I used butler service, and it was great, everything you need, they provide... for example, I needed tickets for some really great museums, Hermitage & Van Gogh... I asked, and in 5 minutes, they provided me with the tickets, so i didn't have to wait in a long lines in front of museums... Also, few times I asked for some restaurant recommendations, and every time they told me for some excellent restaurants, they even booked me a table in some of the best restaurants in Amsterdam. Also, the hotel's restaurant, "Bridges" is one of the best restaurants I ever visited in my life, the best sea food I ever tasted...
I booked my room online, and after I arrived, I asked the staff of the hotel to show me some other rooms and suites they had available at that moment, and they were kind enough to show me...in the end, I took Junior suite... Cleanliness, bed quality (one of the most comfortable beds I ever used), the view... everything was great...
If u want to use butler service, ask for Mauricio, the best butler in the world!
This is high class hotel, very professional, very good in every single way... They are there for you, no matter what you need or ask, they can make it happen, with smile and treatment you can only imagine! If you want to stay in one of the best hotels ever, go to The Grand, you won't regret it! I ll back soon, that is for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel