First and foremost, this hotel is absolutely gorgeous. Well appointed and definitely what you would expect for the cost. Our room was huge, but sadly located next to the very loud elevator shaft. When we called to complain they said the hotel was booked for the weekend and there was nothing that could be done. My sleep was seriously impacted as was my husbands. We were in room 250.
We also had a minor argument with the concierge over bike rentals. I had emailed to reserve bikes starting on the first day of our trip assuming at such a lovely hotel, this type of thing would be included with our stay. I received and email halfway through our first day, hours after checking in and having to leave because the room wasn't ready, that our bikes were reserved and we would be charged 17 euro per day....including the day that was basically over? When I went to the concierge to sort it out, he gave me a very hard time including pulling up my email and reading it back to me (how inappropriate!) and also saying they had to tell other guests that they couldn't take bikes that day because we had reserved them. He must've taken me for a fool as I witnessed gobs of bikes lined up when we arrived at 2pm and later that evening. The entire discussion was very uncomfortable for me and furthermore i felt it was unusual that quibling over 34 E would occur at a hotel of this caliber?
At any rate, again, the facility is fabulous if you are not next to the elevator and the rest of the concierge staff was delightful. Breakfast, although a bit expensive, was very delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel