A fantastic hotel with service and room quality to match.
OK, we were upgraded to a suite and it was just brilliant, but the rest of the hotel looke equally great so I dont think this review is biased at all.
First impressions are that this is proper quality, not flash or showy, but just deep down quality. Excellent check-in experience and the room, well just fabulous..... From the little things like a heated loo seat (temperature adjustable naturally) to Hermes shampoo, the place oozes class.
A truly comfortable bed, like all Sofitels, big tv's, bose surround sound and all the bits that go to make this now one of my favourite hotels in all the word. Sadly we were there only one night, wish it had been longer but a couple of things that may help - first is that a car is more a hinderence staying in central Amsterdam, we left ours with a friends on the outskirts and got a train there and back - its a ten minute walk or ten (one way streets) in a taxi for about 10 Euro. Second , its on the edge of the red light district, but you can easily avoid it so don't be put off by that.
Finally, the courtyard bar is a real oasis of calm in a city centre, beautifully designed - albeit you can tell you are in a Sofitel - its a grand place to sip an evening G&T, again with faultless service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Prestigia and Odigeo so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel