I spend three nights in this hotel on a weekend in October 2013 and I can only recommend it. The hotel is centrally located in the edge of the red light district in the old city. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with huge, extra cosy beds. The bathroom was a bit on the small side but had all the luxuries one can expect. The only downside here was that it is only separated by a glass door from the room which does not provide too much privacy in certain situations. Apart from the that room was simply great.
The service is outstanding. The staff was always very attentive and friendly. The noticed by themselves that one of the days was my girlfiend's birthday and surprised us with a birthday cake in our room. Very thoughtful!
All in all: Location, rooms and in particular the service could not be better.
Only the spa left some room for improvement. This is the reason why I gave "only" four stars for this place. Sauna and pool are niche but there is no real chill-out zone available. You have to sit in one of the chairs by the pool which can be a bit noisy and there is no room to lie back. Also the massages service was not what we expected. The masseur did not speak much English (which is seldom in the Netherlands) and the massage session was interrupted several times by other people entering the room by mistake. Not very relaxing. These are all complaints on a very high level - but hey it is luxury hotel and the spa (and only the spa!) did not fully match our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel