We have just returned from a 5 day visit to Amsterdam and believed we had stayed in some of the best hotels in the world; this is until we stayed at the Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. From the moment we arrived everything was pure perfection. The service from the friendly, yet professional staff was exemplary, the room spectacular and the facilities superb. All that you could wish for or need had been thought about and provided.
Our trip coincided with celebrations for our Wedding Anniversary and we were very fortunate to be upgraded to a canal view apartment suite complete with complementary champagne. The apartment was spacious and elegant, yet warm and cosy. In fact, it was hard to leave even to explore the delights of the city. We dined in the Michelin starred ‘Bridges’ restaurant and the dining experience matched the same high level as everything else. Delicious food and top notch service from expertly trained, knowledgeable staff. The pool and spa were a welcome and relaxing retreat after a day exploring the delights of Amsterdam.
We would like to personally thank D Dupart, General Manager, and his team for making our stay so special and memorable. We are planning our next visit to The Sofitel Legend The Grand and we cannot wait to return.
Kate and Joseph W, London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel