For those who want assured comfort, first rate service and an outstanding breakfast then look no further than this hotel for your trip to Amsterdam.
On arrival, we were treated with exceptional courtesy and helpfulness by a young lady on reception. She was dressed with care, had poise and a very natural manner, they say that reception staff are critical as they are the human face of the hotel, well this young lady did the hotel proud and gave my wife and I the confidence to know that we had chosen wisely. The room was great, lovely bed, 2 Bose CD players / radios, a Nespresso machine, 2 TVs with English channels, a good wet room, Hermes toiletries etc. All was well and very comfortable. Extras like an evening turn down, a turn down treat and very importantly a bottle of mineral water were all very welcome.
The highlight of our stay was the breakfast buffet which in our opinion rates alongside those you get at Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental properties. The range and lay out were both superb. The staff were gracious, well dressed, helpful and induced a state of relaxation - a very pleasant start to the day!
We were lucky enough to dine in Bridges Restaurant during our stay. This is one star Michelin restaurant and has a modern design. Service once again was excellent, the food was very good and proved to be worthy of a star - the accent is on fish and presentation both of which were cooked / designed in a worthy way. We both had the six course taster menu and I accompanied my food with the appropriate wine. Wine service was very good and very knowledgeable. The wine was served in an informative way with no hint of intimidation or superior knowledge.
The hotel is centrally located, has a lovely outdoor courtyard which must be great in the summer. Concierge service was excellent, flower arrangements in the lobby were outstanding and service in the library bar, like elsewhere in the hotel, was very good.
All in all, an excellent hotel, ranked, in my opinion, amongst the best in Europe.
I nearly forgot to mention the Flying Dutchman bar, tiny and tucked away but with a super barman, nip in for a drink and a chat - well worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel