Stayed for 5 days in August. Delighted to get an upgrade to a junior suite and very impressed to be taken their by our "personal butler". The hotel location is fantastic - right next to but not in, the busiest part of town. The room was huge, a wonderful canal view, with every amenity possible .......at first sight. There was a Nespresso machine which we used, the capsules were never replaced so after 6 cups between two of us we had to ask for more. There was some fruit in the room - we ate it and it was not replaced. It was a lottery as to what combination of bath towels, small towels and face cloths would appear. We asked the butler to arrange afternoon tea in the library for us and 3 friends - nothing special, it was an advertised service. 5 minutes later he was up in the room with menus asking us to choose - but the friends were not due until the afternoon so we said we would decide specifics then. (The specifics were which tea, and did we want champagne). Friends arrived, no sign of tea in the library and no one knew of then request. Butler was summoned and appeared to sort it out - 4 teas arrived for 5 people.
The hotel was very expensive - even for a junior suite - you are paying for location and room. Service was pretty second rate. One final thing - we had the room buy the lift and every time it moved we could hear it winding up and down. Did not stop us sleeping but it did disturb our sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel