The location of the hotel is just great. It is right in the center of the city. You can walk just about anywhere from the hotel. And the walk from the Central train station is only about 10 minutes.
Front reception was very friendly. A man showed us to our room which was on the fourth floor in the corner. They called it a junior suite with two twin beds. Windows looked out onto the front of the hotel over the canal. Very nice views.
Bathroom was fantastic. Big tub and separate shower with a window. There was a TV in the bathroom and stereo speakers. The only thing I didn't care for was the glass swing open bathroom doors which did not give enough privacy.
Room was very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Some of the best I have experienced. Plenty of room to walk around and separate closets to put clothes.
I did not try the restaurant. It was expensive, but looked very nice. The courtyard in the center of the hotel is very nice for drinks. A little expensive, the the atmosphere is worth it.
There is a coffee shop right outside the hotel. Every morning and afternoon we would walk by and smell the pot that they were smoking there. Didn't bother me (it's Amsterdam after all), but I wasn't expecting something like that so close to the hotel.
Staff at checkout was very friendly. Overall, my stay here was excellent and I would definitely return. The sofitel beds and pillows are so comfortable. This sofitel ranks in the top 3 that I have stayed at. Get a good deal by booking a promotion through their website and you won't regret it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel