“My return to Pompa”

Pompa
Ranked #214 of 3,998 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian, Dutch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed 26 August 2014

On my third trip to Amsterdam, I decided to once again visit Pompa. I had eaten there many times before so I used it as my "home base" restaurant since it was close to my hotel. Pompa has a nice casual atmosphere and the service is friendly. I ate there three time during my four-day stay in Amsterdam. I liked the Pollo salad, which was a green salad with a grilled chicken breast. I also enjoyed the fish and chips which had real "fries" not some frozen potato sticks and a nice crispy batter-dipped fish filet. It was light and not at all greasy. It came with a creamy horseradish sauce and the ubiquitous Heinz ketchup. I also enjoyed the salmon salad which was a green salad with a grilled salmon filet atop. All in all, the quality of the food made it worth the trip. Go and enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Pompa

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lovely little place in Amsterdam, perfect for brunch. The fish and chips are delicious. And a special mention of the staff: they're really genuinely friendly.

1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The variety and quality of food is outstanding. Believe the hype and just go. We tried many cafes in this area but were generally disappointed until we discovered Pompa.

2  Thank Deniseadvisor
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant ! The service is good and the food extraordinary! I had the squid ink pasta the first time and the truffle pasta the second time.. There was nothing I could fault either visit! I will definitely be dining here again in the future!

1  Thank Kayla S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great neighborhood bistro conveniently located near the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum. Wonderful service and a very nice selection of entrees and appetizers. My wife and I had a pasta special - simple, tasty and quite easy on the budget. The appetizers (mussels and calamari) were just okay, hence the 4 stars.