“Delicious fun!”

and up
Skip the Line: Amsterdam and Holland Pass
Ranked #2 of 68 Food & Drink in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Owner description: Tasting centre for some of the finest Dutch cheeses. The historic ripening process of the Reypenaer cheeses is unique in the Netherlands. In the 100-year-old warehouse on the Oude Rijn river in Woerden, the Reypenaer cheeses are matured in an entirely natural way. Over time, this process leads to the distinctive and complex taste with its exceptional aroma that characterises these artisan cheeses.In the Reypenaer Cheese Tasting Rooms in the centre of old Amsterdam, you can personally test and evaluate the flavour, the aroma and the qualities of the Reypenaer cheeses, all under the guidance of an expert cheese taster.Each cheese tasting session lasts approximately one hour, and caters for a maximum of 20 people per tasting. Tasting workshops take place every Monday and Tuesdays from 13.00H till 15.00H Wednesday to Sunday throughout the day from 12.00H to 17.00H. The Connoisseur workshop costs €15.00 Per person. There is also an Special Tasting where you get a Reypenaer present, costing €20.00 Per person.We also cater for private groups, corporate events and private parties for groups of up to 20 people.Opening Hours: Sunday 11.00H to 18.00 And Monday to Saturday 10.00H to 18.00H.Getting there: Printable map...By Public Transport: From Amsterdam Central Station with Tramline 1,2,5,13 or 17 or Bus 142, 144 or 170. Get out at stop Dam/RaadhuisstraatBy foot: From Amsterdam Central Station 10 minutesBy Watertaxi: VIP Water Taxi...Parking: De Kolk, Amsterdam Centraal P1, Bijenkorf
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Had tons of fun learning about cheese and the what to pair with them. Went with my boyfriend and we enjoyed every minute!

There are newer reviews for Reypenaer Cheese Tasting Room

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My friends and I booked this cheese tasting experience along with a 1 hour canal trip. We paid €20 which we thought was very good value. The cheese tasting room is small but pretty - you are seated at tables with 6 different cheeses. You are taught how to 'properly' taste cheese and what drinks to pair it with. We were all given very generous glasses of white wine, red wine and port and the younger visitors given juice.

The host was very enthusiastic and friendly. I would recommend this activity to anyone visiting Amsterdam, whatever age.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

By walking around Amsterdam my wife and I stumbled on the Reypenaer cheese shop at a corner of a lovely square. As a cheese lovers we could not resist not to visit this cheesy store with so friendly stuff. When tasting some cheese samples and talking with an enthusiastic staff member, we learned that they also provide a cheese tasting class downstairs in the basement. So intrigued by the event, we joined a few others for one hour of exciting and pleasant cheese experience. Before the class started, I thought that I knew a lot about cheese, but I was wrong. I do not want to tell you all the details what happened during the class, as I do not want to ruin your personal experience if you might want to attend the class. However, I highly recommend you to try. At the end we received "official certificates" and we bought some 1 and 2 year old cheeses. This not only made our day in Amsterdam, but also a nice cheese/wine pairing gathering with friends when returned back home.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Yes, there might be other cheese shops, but this was only 15 euros for plenty of good cheeses and wines. They will poor you more if you ask and you can have extra cheese. Not sure what some people are complaining about. I had a wonderful time and think this was well worth my time and money (to be fair though I had purchased the Holland Pass)

1  Thank tipako
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice place with variety of good cheeses - made traditionally. You can buy cheese everywhere in Amsterdam, but here you get a unique experience of pairing wine with some of the finest Dutch cheeses from Reypenaer warehouse, where they are matured in natural way.
There are different opinions and reviews about this tasting experience; our advice is simple - try more and ask more questions - you won't be disappointed.