We LOVED this hotel. We travel a lot and this hotel was right up our alley, cute, small, modern and boutique. Even the check-in process was a dream. They took our luggage and took us straight to the garden, made us a cappuccino and joined us to ask us how they could help us make our visit even better.
• The hotel is GORGEOUS. Loved the renovated canal house with old-world touches (marble, art work, velvet curtains) but with a modern feel.
• Our room was AMAZING. Truly fantastic. Overlooked the backyard. Very spacious, with high ceilings, lots of natural light. Loved the old world accents too.
• Bathroom was fantastic. If you have the soaking tub, use it. It’s worth the time out to take a bike
• Service was great. The hotel staff was able to recommend some wonderful things for us – including a delicious Indonesian meal and an all Dutch beer bar (Arden’s nest).
• Breakfast was included for us, which made it a better value
• Neighborhood is fantastic. Cute shops, but away from the fray. It’s in a very clean area. Amsterdam is a lot cleaner than it use to be, but still some neighborhoods are not as desirable. The Jordaan area is my favorite neighborhood in the city.
• None! It would be nice if they had bikes on site. We rented through the company they recommended and the service was very slow.
• It is expensive, but worth the splurge
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canal House offers boutique-style rooms in the Grachtengordel-West district, 290 yards from Westermarkt tram stop. This design hotel features free Wi-Fi and grounds with summer house for private meetings.The rooms at Canal House feature sumptuous decor with dark woods and luxurious fabrics. Each room has an open-plan layout and includes a flat-screen TV, minibar and work desk.The Amsterdam Tulip Museum and Anne Frank House are less than a 5-minute walk from Canal House. Amsterdam Central Train Station is less than a 15-minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Canal House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canal Hotel Amsterdam
- Canal House Amsterdam
- Canal House Hotel Amsterdam