Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews exceptional room anne frank house boutique hotel overlooking the garden continental breakfast small hotel beautiful room fantastic hotel yogurt central amsterdam canal keizersgracht westerkerk toiletries bells cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2019 via mobile

Visited Amsterdam and Canal House Hotel with my husband following a conference for him. The hotel was just what we needed. It is small, intimate and friendly. All the staff were so helpful and made us feel very welcome. Our room was fantastic- the quirky art pieces and clever design are fabulous. Touches such as the unique bath products are what we wanted. Breakfast was excellent and the team will get you anything you need. Will definitely come back - a great city and fantastic place to stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kristeld D, General Manager at Canal House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2019

It was a pleasure having you as our guests happy to find out that everything was at your satisfaction and you think back with positive feelings about our Services & Hotel.
I will certainly inform my entire team, who were responsible for looking after you during your stay, about your kind words & positive comments.
Looking forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 May 2019

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Amsterdam and could not have stayed anywhere better than the Canal House! The location is centrally positioned on one of the main canals and very walkable to the chic Jordaan district and 9 Shopping Streets. The staff was so friendly and gave great restaurant, museum and shopping recommendations. We loved renting bikes from them at a very affordable price, as it allowed us to see more than we could on foot. The reception area, breakfast room, garden, and bedrooms are gorgeous too! It was hard to get out during the day because we loved staying at the hotel so much! Truly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at anywhere.

Room tip: Ask for a garden view room - it's very peaceful and probably quieter than the canal side rooms.
1  Thank X6465DVkatiel

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m happy to read that you enjoyed Amsterdam and that your overall experience was a fantastic one. We work very hard to delight each and every guest who stays with us – and I am thrilled that on your visit we met up to your expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, please be sure to contact us directly so we can take extra care of your booking.

Reviewed 16 May 2019

Hotel is beautiful old house on a canal. They have a lovely garden at the back. Our room was large and lovely with a comfortable bed, but the tub/shower is in the room with only the WC separate, which was Ok for us but would not work for everyone. The weather was cool so we didn’t miss the air conditioning but we did notice the fans, so it must get hot sometimes. The hotel location is good. A mixed bag.

2  Thank Ajaxtol
Kristeld D, General Manager at Canal House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2019

Thank you so much for your review, always helpful to receive positive feedback from our guests. I am pleased to read that everything was at your satisfaction and I will pass this on to my team. Your comment about the lay out of the bathroom I keep in mind, the hotel is a design hotel and because of that it is always a challenge to keep a balance between the design and the operational side .Again thank you for your review and look forward to welcome you some other time.

Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

Canal House provided the best possible home base for my first visit to AMS: an upscale, luxury boutique setting in the beautiful and relatively quiet/ non-touristy Jordaan neighborhood. Everything we wanted to get to was easily walkable, and the hotel is on a peaceful, tree-lined stretch of historic houses right on the canal. The fact that the house is a converted 17th century merchant house lent an historical, location-rich feel to our stay while the room itself was modern, chic, and extremely comfortable (also surprisingly spacious considering the narrowness of the original houses). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and their attention to detail is exquisite. The common areas- the gorgeous, quiet garden out back and the great room/ bar/ foyer areas inside- are all as lovely as the guest rooms and beautifully well-attended to. I can’t wait to return to Amsterdam and spend some more time at the Canal House.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TJtravels12

We would like to thank you for sharing such a great and detailed review on TripAdvisor. It is fantastic to read that you have made good use of all our facilities and that you have enjoyed the service provided by my team. We will make sure to share all your kind words with them, they will truly be delighted to hear that their service is very much appreciated.
We thank you for choosing Canal House during your trip to Amsterdam, and we surely hope to welcome you back. Should you wish to make a reservation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly so that we can make your next stay even more memorable.

Reviewed 7 May 2019

We have stayed in a lot of high end boutique hotels and I don’t think the Canal House had that feeling.

The room was ok everything looks a little tired but I think this is really down to the colours this did not really bother us it was more the lack of service.

Everyone is really polite but we were always having to ask for drinks in the bar and for breakfast items, I would not expect to do this in a high end hotel.
We sat in the bar on several occasions with no one asking if we wanted a drink, after waiting for 15 mins we headed to another bar down the road, at this time the bar was not even busy we were the only customers in there.

Breakfast was the same, we had hot items included in our booking but we never got asked if we wanted any, having to flag someone down to ask for this was not acceptable. We did not bother on the last morning as we got fed up with waiting.

The breakfast room was also really cold and I am not a cold person, a lot of guests were eating with their coats on.

Breakfast quality was good when you got it but I don’t think it’s good to charge for extra cups of tea and coffee once you have had one (small cup) I have never been asked to pay for an extra cup of coffee in a hotel charging 400 – 500 euros a night, there were coffee and tea in the room but it was never re-stocked we also never had any milk for the tea. One morning they run out of eggs luckily we had got ours but with 5 of the 7 breakfast items having eggs in them I find this unacceptable

My overall option is it’s a nice hotel but feels like an average hotel not high end

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m of course sorry to read that you felt your stay lacked that extra wow factor you were anticipating. Regarding your comment about charging for the second hot drink during breakfast we have decided to not charge this anymore and to include all hot drinks during breakfast Reason is that we have received a lot of comments about this topic and we do listen to what our guests suggests. Saying so it is very hard to delight each and every guest who stays with us – and I am sorry we did not make you happy on this occasion. I do hope you had a lovely time in Amsterdam and please do contact me directly should you visit Amsterdam in the near future, so I can take extra care of your booking.