Simply a beautiful hotel that lacks the will to serve or entertain its guests.
Ill talk about the service then the hotel itself.
I hate that I had to carry my luggage myself from the trunk of my cab and up the stairs of the hotel and leave it at the reception desk after check in. Luggage in 5* hotels should be picked up by the staff from the start. My friend also had a hard time checking in and arriving into the hotel as he had arrived earlier (we were staying together in one room but the room was under my name but his name nonetheless was listed during the online reservation process) and was almost refused entry to the hotel. Simply put, poor service!
The concierge there is also inexperienced to say the least. A guy called Peter who was very rude, unhelpful and dismissive made it extremely hard for me to give this review a 2 star instead of 1 for the way he handled my call and request. I decided to be generous and give it a 2 star instead of 1 because of a Yasmina who worked at the late night shift who was the only decent and consistent person at the hotel; whenever I see her she is helpful; every time I call in or ask for help; very courteous and professional. There are some more decent people in the hotel. The hotel staff seem to be divided into 2 categories; polite or useless. The chamber maids were very nice and the room service maids as well, always smiling and greeting, which turned out to be rare during this trip.
The in room breakfast tray was a disaster, cold food, dry eggs cold coffee it was unbearable.
The gym/spa was amazing. It is truly a must see. Situated in the basement, the staff at the gym were warm and friendly especially Peter.
This hotel has a well appointed interior and structure. It feels like it has some heritage but without being old and broken. It is fitted with technology (ie flat screen and wifi that works) and I haven't seen anything that was not working or in bad condition, as many IC hotels are notorious for being old and broken.
All in all and not to take things personally, I think it is an above average hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam