The hotel is in a bit out of the way, but not bad if you like to walk. The stunning hotel sits next to the river. The lobby is gorgeous. We expected the rooms to be equally as nice, they were not. I would suspect the rooms have not been renovated in 10+ years. The carpet was stained, the furniture was old, the bathroom dated. The hotel boasts free internet however it is painfully slow. You may upgrade to fast internet for a charge. We ended up moving to Hotel Okura, which I'd highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam