All reviews boutique hotel michelin star restaurant nine streets beautiful hotel restaurant staff canal view junior suite location is excellent van gogh museum dam square vinkeles concierge slh city brasserie fireplace lounge
Reviewed 29 April 2011

This property is on a canal in a good section of the city. Walking distance to lots of things including the Trams, Anne Frank House, nice restaurants etc. The staff was wonderful...attentive and friendly. We stayed in one of the rooms that had just been remodeled this month and it was wonderful. The restaurant Vinkeles is a Michelin one star. They offered a special Easter evening meal while we were there and it was certainly a hi-lite of our stay. I only wish we could find more "small luxury hotels" like this jewel!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I stayed at the Dylan for four nights in a standard room. Check in was efficient and a bit unique: you are given individual attention at a desk during the entire process. Luggage was brought up to the hotel as I would expect and I was shown around the room and hotel in the usual fashion.

My room was very modern and clean with no major problems. I few lights were out and the switches were a bit tricky to figure out but overall I can't complain. The usual amenities were present and there were no problems with housekeeping.

The real stand-out here for me was service at the concierge desk: they were able to secure reservations at Ron Blaauw (**) and any other request was taken care of professionally and quickly. These guys really were an efficient team and clearly handed off information from shift to shift about my plans so I didn't have to keep reminding each individual person.

The only small negative is more of a preference than anything: the hotel has more of a modern-chic atmosphere (club/disco music in the casual dining area, decorations in the room, etc.) and this may not appeal to all. I was a bit ambivalent but personally prefer the Old World-style a bit but again this is a personal inclination more than anything.

Overall a great experience and I would definitely stay here again. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank midway42
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We checked in to The Dylan after leaving the Amstel intercontinental. This staff wonderful, they were so warm and professional and did everything they could to make our stay special!! I highly reccommend staying at The dylan. . It is a very special boutique Hotel. one of my favorite small hotels, the location is excellent! we will stay there again when we return to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Checking into the Dylan was a breeze. The driver picked us up at the airport and gave us a great overview of the city and its canal system on our way to the hotel. We were greeted by such a friendly and gracious staff. Our room was even more beautiful and comfortable than we imagined. Great bathtub, super hot water, wonderful view, comfortable bed...everything was perfect. We were so grateful to be allowed to check in early. The concierge was extremely helpful and kind. The location is superb. The lounge and bar area were warm and inviting. Our roomservice was delicious and served very quickly. But what surprised us the most was the fantastic staff. EVERYONE was so friendly and helpful. We were so spoiled that we will never be able to stay anywhere else in Amsterdam!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Dylan whilst visiting a good friend of mine who lives in Amsterdam.
Check in was fine and we were taken up to our room which was at the other end of the hotel on the top floor which was nice as it was quiet. The room was unusual but lovely, long and thin but still spacious. The next morning I jumped in the shower and it was a weak trickle which also couldn't hold the temperature so it would be cold and then go to scorching. It took me nearly 30 minutes compared to my usual 10 and put me in a grumpy mood! We told the front desk on our way out and they said that someone would fix it. We went out sightseeing for the day, returned and asked if the shower had been fixed and they said yes as if they had found a problem and fixed it. However the hower was no better and again we told them on our way out to dinner. The next morning I had the same terrible shower experience. We checked out, told them that it still hadn't been fixed and put it in the comments card but have had no response. What is the point of a comments card if you are not going to respond to feedback?
Nice hotel but unfortunately this left a bad taste in our mouth for the money we were paying and the lack of follow up is terrible service for what is supposed to be a high class hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple