All reviewsboutique hotelmichelin star restaurantnine streetsbeautiful hotelrestaurant staffcanal viewjunior suitelocation is excellentvan gogh museumdam squarevinkelesconciergeslhcitybrasseriefireplacelounge
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The hotel is situated on one of the main canals, and it's location is perfect! It's a bit quieter, but it's a block away from where the action starts. The check in staff were super professional, efficient, and friendly. The room was just perfect! It was spacious, and yet felt very cozy. One thing that is important to me is capable Air Conditioning, and this hotel had this covered. The bathroom was perfection! Lots of stone and modern amenities. The beds were very comfortable, and when we asked for extra pillows, they gladly obliged. The fresh cut flowers in the room was a nice touch. One small thing that I have to admit I liked, was that each time I had them call me a cab, a Mercedes showed up and the cost was the same as a local cab. I found that there were a lot of little touches like this throughout our stay. Enjoy!

Room Tip: I'd ask for something that faces into the courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiamiBeachPaul
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I loved this hotel from the moment I entered. Part of the Small Luxury Hotel group, it is very luxurious, beautiful, bang in the middle of Amsterdam, yet providing a quiet escape from the city ambiance. The staff are excellent, the food and wine is great.
They have a Michelin star restaurant which is honestly exceptional.
However, they really must invest in basic room comfort, which you do find in other hotels of this level: e.g. no large mirrow in the bathroom, leaving me to blow dry my hair in a small shaving mirror, only hard pillows on offer and noise from the cleaners in the corridor meaning that I did not sleep very well at all. After two days with very little sleep, the beauty of it all started to fade...

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lifts and bring your own pillow!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iris D
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The room we stayed in was wonderful and clean. The bathroom was amazing.
The staff bar, however, was bad mannered and showed to be nervous.
We stayed 2 nights and on one morning we were woken up by loud music that I guess by mistake went on for 2 minutes in the courtyard garden. Also, the noise from the planes flying over the hotel just after 4.30 kept us awake untill 8 when the music started.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The Dylan is a beautiful oasis of calm centrally located on a quiet canal-side street. We were made to feel welcome from the moment of our arrival straight through until departure. The inner courtyard is a lovely place to relax, have drinks and snacks. Our deluxe room (#14) was spacious, quiet, and well-appointed. It appeared to have been recently renovated and overlooked the courtyard from the second floor. The concierge was very helpful with dining and sightseeing recommendations. One evening we called him from the street to ask whether any good restaurants were nearby. We enjoyed his choice. Apparently he called the restaurant ahead of our arrival and its proprietor treated us warmly. The service and ambience of the Dylan are not to be missed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We looked for a hotel in a good area that would be comfortable to stay with my 10 & 12 yr old boys. The room at this hotel was fantastic. Very old, interesting building with a hip, modern, design interior. The room was elegant and so comfortable at the same time. Great location where I felt safe walking around with my kids and many interesting sites nearby. The floating flower market is over-rated as well as the market. They are tourist traps that frankly can be passed over. The boat tour is a nice way to look around the city and we enjoyed the evening one as it was cooler and less crowded. Definitely try the desserts at hotel restaurant. We had the best macaroon dessert here! Breakfast had a variety of items although it does look like some things sit out a bit too long and should be freshened up more frequently.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family