“Top Hotel”
Review of The Dylan

The Dylan
Ranked #23 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Outstanding from start to finish. Staff were incredibly helpful, facilities are excellent.Our room was quietly serviced each day to a five star standard, breakfast time was always a pleasure with a wide choice and variety. The experience was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2012

we celebrated our 7 yr wedding anniversary at the Dylan and truly loved it.

The location is beautiful with a rich history, the staff is impeccable and high quality.
The Rooms and suites are beautifuly styled and really give a special touch to the whole experience!
After our welcome drink we had a sunday afternoon High wine,which was actually really nice.
We wanted to go for dinner at Vinkeles but learned that they are always closed on Sundays,that was actually a little disappointing.After a stroll down the canals we decided to try the Brasserie where the High Wine was served and although the choices are limited the food and service is really solid and definitely worth a try even if you do not stay at the Dylan.
overall a treat to Hidewayfor a few days in beautiful Amsterdam,highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I am hardly the type of person to give anything high marks but this hotel deserves it.

(This is my first review of anything ever)

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in Jul/Aug 2010 and we stayed in a Kinomo Style Std Duplex Room.

Staff - this was the most impressive aspect. Young and very enthusiastic. You don't even have to move/lift so much as a finger and you will have their attention (no exaggeration). After a few instances I felt guilty simply turning my head their way as the poor souls would come running to us in an instant....i was just looking around admiring the decor rather than asking for their service! Kind and humble staff too. The concierge seemed very experienced/knowledgeable and guided us towards some very nice hip restaurants.

Decor - again, impressive. You won't be disappointed. Having the bath and bed split on two different floors was different (in a good way). It made the rooms more spacious. The Kinomo styling did represent the pics on their website. Moving on from the room, the decor of the rest if the building was just me. A mix of contemporary and classical touches.....similar to how I'd decorate my house if I ever own such a large building. The open courtyard/garden is a must to sit in to have brunch/lunch/snacks/tea.

Food - again, excellent. We were unfortunate not to have been able to try their main restaurant (it was very popular and fully booked for 2/3 nights in a row). However, the lunches/snacks were great. The serving of the tea was nice in its own way.....lovely cast iron pots served with delicious biscuits.

Location - very convenient yet nice, quiet and away from the hustle bustle. Seemed like an affluent area

Other Facilities - we didn't get much time to try anything else. All we did was hire bikes from them (they were perfectly fine but didn't have small enough ones for my girlfriend so we had to abandon these after a day). They were probably a bit more expensive than the bike rental places outside the hotel.

To wrap it up, I have never received service like this in Europe, SouthEast Asia certainly, but not Europe. I didn't think it existed as it seems us Europeans have let businesses get away with murder and spoilt them by not raising our voices/concerns. This hotel changes all that.

Why 4 stars rather than 5. I've been fortunate to stay at a place tha had equivalent service but for a cheaper price (not in Amsterdam).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Been there maybe ten times and it's still one of my absolute favorite hotels. Very boutique, excellent service. Some of the rooms are not really practical, though everyone I saw was beautiful.
Located chic and central, not too noisy. The only thing I am not happy with when staying there: the beds are too soft for my back. But I have to confess, till now I missed to ask them if they do have harder mattresses. I will do next time.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2012

The Dylan is in a great location for seeing all of the sights. The duplex room was lovely and all hotel personnel were warm and helpful, especially the bartender!The buffet breakfast offers a nice variety and the terrace is lovely for a drink or snack. We hope to return someday.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. Ideal location, fantastic food, 3 star Michelin restaurant--this hotel has it all.
The concierge, Stewart, was able to assist my disabled husband with any and all of our needs-including a dr. extra large taxi's for his comfort.
All staff were highly professional, spoke perfect English and offered a smile thoughout our stay.
A regular room will get you a courtyard view-which is nice--but if you want to splurge, get a deluxe room and you will be on a higher floor with a canal view.

Room Tip: Just remember, the rooms are European, so smaller than a typical 5 star hotel in the US.