“One of My Favorite Spots on Earth!”
Review of Ark16

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ark16
Ranked #107 of 343 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently stayed for the second time on this houseboat, and I loved it just as much. I think watching the ducks and swans glide by is one of my favorite things to do anywhere in the world. I want to go back not to see Amsterdam but just to relax in the houseboat. It's so cozy and comfortable.
One tip on finding it: If you give the boat's address, it is harder for taxi drivers to find (since they have to go around to a certain bridge from the Marnixstraat). It's much easier to say: "The Corner of the Lijnbaansgracht and Palmgracht." That's much easier to get to by taxi, and the boat is right there on the corner (It's long and red). Gracht means canal.

Room Tip: I think it's very funny how on the Tripadvisor form that they ask me to rate the swimming pool...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank antlers10021

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My partner and I have been to Amsterdam many times, have stayed in Hotels and Campsites. But this last time was over the Christmas/Holiday period and we wanted something different. We sure found that with the wonderful ARK16.
We couldn't have wished for a more "authentic" Amsterdam experience.
Like others have previously said, The lovely Annette thinks of everything, even as far as placing a Christmas tree... ARK16 is situated in a very quiet area that is only a few minutes on the bus from Centraal station, and on foot a great walk with lots of shops, bars and restaurants with Centraal station approx 16 minutes away.. We enjoyed coming "home" to the ARK after a long day wandering around beautiful Amsterdam... We will definitely be returning as soon as possible... Thank you again Annette for your wonderful hospitality and for sharing your fantastic Houseboat with us all.
Sam & Colin.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SamDink
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Really adorable place to stay. It was very clean and stocked with fresh food. The neighborhood was very dutch and staying on a houseboat made the trip an authentic Amsterdam experience. Wouldn't suggest more than 2 staying at a time as it was a bit small but loved the place otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank HattyAnne
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Its difficult to add anything that other reviews hasn't said about Ark 16.
This lady has thought of everything, as a lot of visitors to Amsterdam come for short breaks on cabin baggage allowance flights the weight of your case and 100ml fluid allowance doesn't go along way.
Annette has even thought of that when you arrive there are toweling bath robes and towels freshly laundered for your usage.There are umbrellas for if it rains.And fishing rods if you fancy a spot of fishing off the porch.A well stocked bathroom of toiletries also for you to use,
We found it cosy and a home from home.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank norma p
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My girlfriend booked this hostel for my birthday as a present shortly before we emigrated from Europe. It is simply a haven of tranquility, a house boat typical for the cosy narrow channels of Amsterdam. We were taken care of by the owners daughter who did a great job but on the last day we got to know her mother as well and had a much too short but interesting talk. We even were allowed to bring our dogs which made it even better for us. The interior is more than charming, the dining place is right in front of a huge window pointing to the channel. The bed is comfortable and the kitchenette fully equipped. We were served breakfast for champions including bread, butter, cereals and basically anything that you need and far more than the usual basics. Cleanliness is not a matter of concern at all, it was always tidy! Within the walking distance of the boat there is pretty much to explore - the Amsterdam standards :-) as well as cultural highlights like museums and much more. This had been my first holidays after nearly 10 years of working and I am glad that I could spend it at Ark16!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bordemundo
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Amsterdam is all about free spirit, originality, romance, bridges and canals.

If you want to make the most of it then don't miss Ark 16!
A little love boat moored in the sweetest area of all: Jordaan.

Annette, the owner of the studio, will make you feel at home and have yummy ingredients ready for you in the fridge to cook your own breakfast and eat it overlooking the canal and ducks :)

We had the best time and will def come back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Magali C
Reviewed 8 January 2012

What a superb location! great street market 5 minutes away, peaceful canal with friendly neighbour, lovely host, and very clean, well laid out studio apartment and within walking distance of major attractions - it could not be better!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple