Ark16
US$142
US$307
US$249
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$142
US$364
US$281
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
US$461
US$333
  • Room Service
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$153
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$149
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Annette offers a truly Dutch experience. She is a gracious hostess who provides all the creature comforts that make you feel at home. Ark 16 is located in a lovely neighborhood with fantastic restaurants, playgrounds for children, and sights within walking distance. We highly recommend it! It will be unforgettable!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Davis_2013-Family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

What can I say about this place....
Friendly host, quiet location, lovely neighbours, tranquil and authentic Amsterdam experience. For something a bit different you really can't go wrong here. Jordaan is such a cool place with loads of places to drink, eat and watch the world go by.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Walker0050709
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

Everything has already been said but I enjoyed staying at Ark16 so much that I can't help but add my bit to the unanimous praise. Ark16 is an original, fun and reasonably priced experience.
Annette is a lovely host who makes sure her guests enjoy themselves.
Don't hesitate, stay there!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Evmasson
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I recently stayed for the second time on this houseboat, and I loved it just as much. I think watching the ducks and swans glide by is one of my favorite things to do anywhere in the world. I want to go back not to see Amsterdam but just to relax in the houseboat. It's so cozy and comfortable.
One tip on finding it: If you give the boat's address, it is harder for taxi drivers to find (since they have to go around to a certain bridge from the Marnixstraat). It's much easier to say: "The Corner of the Lijnbaansgracht and Palmgracht." That's much easier to get to by taxi, and the boat is right there on the corner (It's long and red). Gracht means canal.

Room Tip: I think it's very funny how on the Tripadvisor form that they ask me to rate the swimming pool. In this case, the swimming pool is the canal: no, I didn't try it!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank antlers10021
Reviewed 4 January 2013

My partner and I have been to Amsterdam many times, have stayed in Hotels and Campsites. But this last time was over the Christmas/Holiday period and we wanted something different. We sure found that with the wonderful ARK16.
We couldn't have wished for a more "authentic" Amsterdam experience.
Like others have previously said, The lovely Annette thinks of everything, even as far as placing a Christmas tree... ARK16 is situated in a very quiet area that is only a few minutes on the bus from Centraal station, and on foot a great walk with lots of shops, bars and restaurants with Centraal station approx 16 minutes away.. We enjoyed coming "home" to the ARK after a long day wandering around beautiful Amsterdam... We will definitely be returning as soon as possible... Thank you again Annette for your wonderful hospitality and for sharing your fantastic Houseboat with us all.
Sam & Colin.